Aerial Antics mouse feedback?

Community Forums/Showcase/Aerial Antics mouse feedback?

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2003) [#1]
OK, so I'm going through and cleaning up the controls even more by adding true analog joystick support (a game reviewer mentioned it). He also mentioned that the mouse was too quick ... he said there wasn't an adjustment (there is) but that doesn't matter.

For those of you that have the demo, what do you think are good default mouse x (turn) and mouse y (pitch) speed settings?

You can adjust them down to 1/10th normal mouse speed. Currently, the jets pitch at 50% mouse speed and the player turns at 20% mouse speed.

We've been getting some good feedback on this game ... by the people who can wrangle the controls. However, I'm determined to increase the number of people who can actually get into the game and see it for it's actual content and gameplay.

simonh(Posted 2003) [#2]
I wouldn't just make the mouse movement slower, I would make it smoother as well. Just adding a simple CurveValue() function would smooth things tremendously, so you don't get the jerkiness associated with unsmoothed mouse movements.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#3]
But have an option to turn that off (or make it very small) - some people don't like the lack of responsiveness that brings.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2003) [#4]
Ok, I'll have to add CurveValue(), I don't get any jerkiness as it is right now but I can understand that.

So does that mean you don't think the default value should be lower?

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
It means you don't test it on enough different pcs :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2003) [#6]
Look, truth be told the game is selling. I'm only trying to get some real feedback from people who couldn't get to grips with the demo so perhaps we can increase our sales even more (and allow people who have control issues to get into the actual gameplay to determine weather they like the game).

I need real feedback on the actual control, not just 'it sucks' or 'you didn't test it enough'. Everyone who tested it still thinks the control is fine and they can all beat the game.

So, do you have anything that can help me out in my present situation instead of in the future?

If you go under 'Options' -> 'Customize Mouse' and you can adjust the sensitivity.

simonh(Posted 2003) [#7]
So does that mean you don't think the default value should be lower?

Yeah, a touch lower I would say.