5InARow, Using TCP Network

Community Forums/Showcase/5InARow, Using TCP Network

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#1]
Mindchallenging game, multiplayer only, get 5 in a straigt line and you win. I primarily made it in order to learn net communication, it's no big deal but source code is included. Get it from my page.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
Didn't test it, but it sounds good, an additional chat feature would be cool (if there isn't already one).

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#3]
It's not much, but thought about the chat feature too. That must be in v 2.0. The first version had a quite messy traffic structure, and some of my friends had problems about running it, think they couldn't create a server on the specified port. The new version will try 1000 different ports, dunno if it will solve the problem, havn't had a chance to test.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
maybe give the user an option to choose a port manually. what port numbers is it trying to use?

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#5]
Trying to use 8765+, just altered the game in order to be shure that the right contact is established, makes it possible to be the host in mutiple games on the same time. Added chat function to v 2.0, and ability to begin a new game, furthermore I expanded the board from 16x16 to 25x25. I would like to know if anybody get a different port than 8765.