ParticleWorks 1.0.0

Community Forums/Showcase/ParticleWorks 1.0.0

gosse(Posted 2003) [#1]
ParticleWorks is a particle engine userlib for Blitz. Particles are widely use in games to created nice and more realistic effects such as blood sprays, smoke trails, fire, sparks, etc. ParticleWorks features many interesting functionalities such as: full particle and emitter control, custom meshes, animated textures, collisions, infinite emitters, force modifiers. If you want a good example of what Particles can do, simply check the accompanied demo with its source code.

ParticleWorks is freeware. It is provided “as is.” I cannot be held responsible for any damages encountered to either you or your machine using it. You may use it for any personal or freeware projects without any permissions of any sort. For commercial projects however, I'd like to have credits within the project and an e-mail (gosse37@...) from you so I can see ParticleWorks in action in a commercial project. But this is completely up to you.

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=gosse11052003065955&comments=no

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#2]
Awesome stuff, thank you for sharing it with us :c)

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#3]
Is it single surface? Hope so :)

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#4]
They don't look so relisic to me but the certainly do have a unique style.....

gosse(Posted 2003) [#5]
Oh, it's not single-surface. It uses meshes defined by the user, but I'll be trying something out to make it single-surface. In the demo I know I've mainly used tris, I should have made it more obvious that you can have custom meshes, but heh.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#6]
Wow. I like the pipe one, as well as the action scene. looks like you put alot of work into the demo... and is it ever cool!!