Tattoo 1.15 released

Community Forums/Showcase/Tattoo 1.15 released

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi all,

The Tattoo mesh skinning and Texturing tool is up to Version 1.15

This version adds several minor features:

Added the ability to cycle the background color (F2)
Added the ability to toggle brush outlines on and off (F3)
Added CPU Throttle when inactive (Thanks Fredborg)
Improved Seam detection to avoid lines jumping at seams
Added User Brush Folder. You may place any user defined brushed here for inclusion in the Tattoo brush list.
They need to 32 bit .PNG files in solid Black (color 0,0,0) with a variant Alpha Channel. Example file provided.
Added Visual Brush list.
Moved Lighting Panel to a separate window which can be activated from the View Menu
Numerous other little tweaks.

Check it out

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#2]
Sounds awesome, Lee! I am sure it will be useful to many folks :c)

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#3]
Sounds ok. ill try it out tonight.
A request though. The mouse movement is for me very choppy and fast.
For it to be usefull for me i need it to be alot smoother.
Maybe some mouse acceleration settings?

hmmm. I think i have some mouse code in a engine i made that might give u an example how i would like it.
That is ofcourse if your interessted in a opinion from a guy who even thinks your movement code feels inverted ;)

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#4]

Mouse movement fast.

The movement is absolute. If you hold down the X key, the model hugs the mouse pointer. The rotation is also absolute, but could be in smaller increments I suppose.

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#5]
mmm dont want to seem too negative though. im happy to see progress with the program :)

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#6]
Feedback is always useful. If something is really causing usability problems, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

As it is, I'm aware that not everyone will be happy with the key controls oriented as they are. Key remapping is coming, but since it's quite a labour intensive task, it's fallen behind some other usability functions like the mouse rotate/pan and zoom. That being said, the mouse rotation, pan and zoom are at least an alternative method of getting around. :)

Synchronist(Posted 2003) [#7]
Hi Lee, a strange problem with 1.15 on XP. When I load any model, .3ds, .obj or .b3d format, the entire model takes on a default paint color, a dark reddish brown it seems. Then the really weird part, the model sort of "pulses" from a dark hue of that color to a lighter hue, then back. It's hard to describe...
When this happens, I'm unable to use any brush or other color at all. I'm using a Radeon 9000 64M card at 32bits color depth.

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#8]
Usually this means that the model does not have any UVs set up. (The pulsing is the brush outlines) Press F3 in the lastest version it should stop since this toggles on and off the outlines.

If you go to the view menu and select 'View Warnings about this Model' it should be able to tell you if the UVs are amiss.

Models need to have properly set up UVs prior to being loaded into Tattoo so that they can be painted.