#dCanvas .X to B3d Converter

Community Forums/Showcase/#dCanvas .X to B3d Converter

Stickman(Posted 2003) [#1]
Well I figured Id get a post going if there are any questions anyone may have.
First off,There were about 5 downloads taken when I realized I had uploaded the .exe with full frame conversion dissabled when saving an animated file.This has been fixed.

Basicly if after you convert your animation .X file to B3D, if it looks like not all the frame information was exported properly,you proboly have this version.Just go back and redownload it and the updated version should fix this.

Sorry for the trouble.I got to involved with trying to figure out this file sharing stuff and overlooked what I file I was looking to share.

Thanks......

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
This Tool seems to be very useful. I don't use Canvas, but I think for a lot of people this is the cheapest solution to get Bones Animations in B3D.

And if Canvas can import animated DX8 .Xes then it's even a way to convert from 3dsMax. Thanks for sharing this Tool with the community!

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#3]
Is there a link?

RamPackWobble(Posted 2003) [#4]
Try -

http://blitz.idigicon.com/filesystem_download.asp?NickName=Stickman&ProjectName=STK_DX8_to_B3D_file_Converter&Filename=DX8-to-B3D.zip

(I've taken this from the www.amabils.com forum)

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
"And if Canvas can import animated DX8 .Xes then it's even a way to convert from 3dsMax."

That's a pretty roundabout way to convert from 3D Studio Max to b3d file format.

ragtag(Posted 2003) [#6]
Hi,

Tested it with a .X file exported from Animation Master using the AMxTex ( www.obsidiangames.com ) plug-in. I got the model and textures working in B3D, but unfortunately not the animation. It's no big deal though, I'll just have to buy Ultimate Unwrap if I ever get around to doing a proper 3D project. :)

Ragnar

p.s. The UV coordinates exported from AM are kind of weird anyways, so I might be better of texturing in UU for game use.

GrahamK(Posted 2003) [#7]
I have a direct 3d Canvas to B3d exporter on my site.

No animations/bones, but it's just a script so if anyone feels like modding it, feel free.