Logger Released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Logger Released!

gosse(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello guys,
I've just released the Logger, a userlib for creating message logs for your projects (status windows, chat windows, log windows)! Try it out, there is a demo included + the full source code and documentation! Have fun! It supports many many things: full color support, date stamping, file logs, viewport display, etc, etc!

Logger showcase
http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=gosse10232003203613&comments=no

Don't hesitate to ask questions or post comments!! Thanks

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
So is this thought to optimize Team Communication etc?

gosse(Posted 2003) [#3]
jfk, I'm so glad you exist, you're about the only person that replies to my project posts :D

but, to answer your question, it's only to be able to have and display a log on screen. it manages your display of the messages w/ different colors and all. the demo accompanied with it shows an example to create a log like in EverQuest, plus shows the functionnality of it.

*edit*I've uploaded screenshots to the showcase so you can better see what it's all about*edit*

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
That's looking very nice! I like the scroll and Font Style and everything.
My next Project is going to be something mystic too. Well, I hope so :)

Don't give too much on the circumstance that it's only me who is answering here. Let me say that I think your Projects are very fine, one of the Highlights and probably the most promising Blitz-Project of its Genre. They are not only some nice Screenshots, it's indepth Game Content. Unfortunately the Image you posted on the News site is too much compressed (only 2.5 kB!), that's pure understatement :) . Next time you deserve to use some more, to display it in all its glory. so to say.

Keep up the good work!

gosse(Posted 2003) [#5]
Hello guys! I've just uploaded the updated Logger 1.1.0.
The main thing done to this version was to move the Text commands out of the way and change them to bitmap fonts. A great speed improvement, around 200-300%!

Hope some of you will enjoy it!

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=gosse10232003203613&comments=no

John-Robin(Posted 2003) [#6]
He Gosse Korupted!

Looking good! Seems very useful. Unfortunately I just don't have a multiplayer project planned (yet!) :)

John-Robin

gosse(Posted 2003) [#7]
Thanks John-Robin! Well it doesn't only apply to multiplayer projects, in can be applied to any game where you need messages to be displayed.

gosse(Posted 2003) [#8]
New version! 1.1.1
- Added a .decls file for declarations in Blitz.
- Now performs better checks with actual BMP fonts widths / heights.
- Added different fonts demo to the demo ( hehe, not recommended :P ).
Mainly fixes some small issues with the width of the viewport and having other fonts loaded in. See the update demo for a better example.
And also the .decls file for the declarations, so you can press that handy F1 key and also so the Logger functions highlight in blue!

OooooOOooohhHHHHh! so nice

:D:D:D