Juno Nemesis: Remix Playable

Community Forums/Showcase/Juno Nemesis: Remix Playable

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#1]
This is a pre release test of what is more or less the sequel to Juno Nemesis, which released quite a while ago. You can download the demo here [~2.6mb - we are definitely going to be shrinking that!]. We are just days away from finally completing Remix, but we would really appreciate any feedback (especially pointing out any areas of concern) to try and make it as good as we possibly can. I have included a screenshot below. Thanks in advance!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks great!

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#3]
And plays? :)

GfK(Posted 2003) [#4]
I think its pretty good. I hated the first version but its evolved a lot.

One thing I don't like about this version, is the control system. I changed it back to "Classic" within a few minutes.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#5]
I cannot play with the new controls - they are, IMHO, unweildy at best. They make a lot more sense to people that don't play a lot of games, though.

skn3(Posted 2003) [#6]
If your on the keys.. it is not much fun to play. Having to press up to switch to the upper half is very strange.

The mouse is easier to use.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#7]
I like mouse control for this game. Lovely stable game with excellent graphics... One of blitz's finest.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#8]

They make a lot more sense to people that don't play a lot of games, though.

Hey! not fair! :o) I told ya that control method would be no good for keyboard...

GFK, were you using the mouse, then?

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#9]
Hey! not fair! :o) I told ya that control method would be no good for keyboard...

Nah, it's a completely different control method for keyboard, even though its still the 'alternate' one.

I could hardly accuse you of lack of skill playing games, because if you weren't very good maybe us mere mortals would be able to finish Platypus, eh?

Dynamo(Posted 2003) [#10]
That demo gave me Gyruss flashback! :) Very cool!

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#11]
I like this alot! Excellent game wich shows what blitz can do :) Kudo's to u.

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#12]
Woah!!! WoaH!!! WOAHHHH!!!!!!! Now this is HOT!! I was already a big fan of the two previous Juno Nemesis and I completed both the 3DRAD and Blitz version also. I definately like the new upgraded look and speedy reaction...a little too speedy...
I'm also glad the enemies dont hurt you when it reaches the "edge" like the previous one did. The new weapons are familiar but better looking. I'm definately getting it. BTW, did Rodney Smith do any work on it?

Caff(Posted 2003) [#13]
This is a very slick, well presented game. The graphics are excellent, the music is good (although could do with a faster beat I reckon, and perhaps a catchier tune...). It runs very smoothly and solidly, unlike some top commercial projects - this is a testament to your work. As far as playability goes, it is good fun too, and more varied than I expected, but not really my cup of tea I'm afraid. However, great job and I hope you do well with this.

Red(Posted 2003) [#14]
This new design is pretty good.
Sexed game.

EOF(Posted 2003) [#15]
This game stinks ....
It stinks of red-raw arcade quality action!!
Very slick, and a polished feel to it.

I've had a good play and here is my verdict on the controls:

I used Mouse + Classic mode. Maybe an option to control mouse sensitivity? Sometimes in the heat of the moment I end up blasting around too fast.

Other than that > 9.8 out of 10.
Proffesional product.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#16]
Stinks, but in a good way? Kind of like the Blitz manual then :P

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#17]
very slick,
the new gui is eccelent, music gave me a centipede feeling. the screen transitions are very well done. The new gui is a great improvement. 9 out of 10....

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#18]
Did it crash for anyone?

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#19]
yes, i crashed the ship into enemies more than once.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#20]
:)

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#21]
Nope, it ran pefecto for me. Whens the full version out! I'm ready for some ACTION!!!

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#22]
Just great stuff!! Best of Blitz so far as I am concerned.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#23]
Soon, just waiting on the new music.

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#24]
Yeah trash the music. BTW, did Rodney Smith do any work on the game?

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#25]
Yeah he did. That music is staying - we are waiting for more of the same.

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#26]
Michael Reitzenstein

Awesome Arcade Action! Love it!