Anyone want a pistol?

Community Forums/Showcase/Anyone want a pistol?

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#1]
Last week I created a pistol. How does it look? Anyone want it? It's free, and all I ask is that you give me credit. :)

Tell me if it looks good, and if you want it, and I will mail it to you. (or post a link, depending on the number of requests)

Later,
-Matt

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Freakin' cool, man.

Dave(Posted 2003) [#3]
josh, why not add this weapon to the next sing. release?

good work matt!

skn3(Posted 2003) [#4]
Cool :), your poly count is a little high ? (only thing I could find criticism in)

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#5]
Sweet. Really great work. I'm sure I could make good use of that. My email's in my profile if you're gonna email it to people.

I think the polycount is pretty reasonable. If you were using it in a FPS, it would be instead of a character model, and you're gonna be looking at more like 1,000 polys for a complex weapon like a sniper rifle or rocket launcher.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think the polycount is pretty reasonable. If you were using it in a FPS, it would be instead of a character model, and you're gonna be looking at more like 1,000 polys for a complex weapon like a sniper rifle or rocket launcher.

Agree. There is two kinds of weapons in FPS games, those that the (human) player sees/uses and then those that are used by the other players/bots or are "pickable items" left by the dead enemies... first ones can easily uses even 2000-3000 polygons while the other version can use only maybe around 200-500 polygons.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#7]
is that a sig? Like this: http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg55-e.htm

Isaac P(Posted 2003) [#8]
that looks good matt... id like it if you would be so kind to mail it to me.. include ur name and email in a textfile along with it.. so i dont forget where i got it from :P

whi_mar AT hotmail DOT com

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#9]
Yeah, something like that.
Tell me if you are interested in using it.
(might be able to replace the darkmatter pistol in your csp engine. I can animate firing if you want.)

-Matt

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#10]
I have mailed it off to Sybixus and Tainted Reality. Make sure and let me know if you two receieved it.

Any other takers?

Isaac P(Posted 2003) [#11]
Thanks matt... arrived here... top work :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#12]
So the Slide is a Child Mesh? Should be like that for the Animation. Well, there is no problem with the Darkmatter Pistol, since I paid 15$ or something for the CD I want to use as much as possible from the CD, as long as it looks good, the end user will not be capable of seeing the diffrence of a Darkmatter Colt or any other Colt. I mean, he will see any Diffrence, but he will not come up and say "hey, darkmatter!". But of course, in Future Releases of my Engine I will need a whole Bunch of Weapons (already trying to find a useful Selection system), and therefore - yes, of course it would be useful!

PS don't worry about Animation, I will do that, because I have to make this coordinated with the original hand mesh.

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#13]
The slide is a child, and so is the hammer. Would you like me to mail it to you?

-Matt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#14]
I'll send you a mail, thx.

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#15]
Mailed it to you, I've been having problems with my e-mail, let me know if you got it.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#16]
Yep, just depacked it, it's great. Thanks a lot! And indeed it's a sig, probably a P220 or a P228, swiss Army Officer Handgun, also sold to the Public under License by SIG-Arms in the USA.
Here's my daugther with an Original Army P220 in 9mm (the left one is a Walther in cal.22). When it comes to accuracy she beats me :) .

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2003) [#17]
Ur daughter planning to rob a bank? O.o

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#18]
No, it's only the "what do you want?" pose.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#19]
"Ya feelin lucky.....Punk!"

"You wonderin, is this a real gun, Punk? Or...just some cheap ass one from the 99 cents store?"

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#20]
Kinda "So you came to protect me lil girl?"

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#21]
Guns are so cool.

-Matt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#22]
It's better you have them than THEY have'em :). No, to be serious - Guns in the hands of a fool can be a real Problem. Nevertheless, much more people are killed by Cars than by private Guns. Just imagine what the goverment would do when noone would own a Gun - just look to tony blair :)

I'd rather like to see people legally own Guns and learn to handle the Responsibility than a World where only criminals and Soldiers have Firearms.

Ok, back to the topic. The model is great! What Modelling App did you use?

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#23]
I agree. Responsability is the key.

Thanks. :) I used 3dsMax5 to make the model. Why do you ask? Want me to make another?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#24]
If you have the Time to model some more then I shurely don't say no. But I would suggest to offer them to everybody, like you did it with the SIG.

Personally I would like to see a wide Variety of Models, I even need an ambush and a harpoon. I can not utilize a high number of semiauto Handguns. Of course, I still need a sniper rifle and a pistol Handle Shotgun. But don't care too much about my list, just do what you like.

Here's another url for Texture Material, a Movie Weapons Seller:
http://www.filmwaffen.de/site08_d.htm

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#25]
Of course I will offer them to everybody, and I am looking around to find more ideas. (what is an ambush anyway?)

-Matt

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#26]
Oops - or was it "crossbow" - I can't find the translation, it's this:

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#27]
Cool.

ChrML(Posted 2003) [#28]
Anyone can model a pistol, and texture it...

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#29]
I can't :) And besides, it's free and he's not saying that he is the best pistol modeller in the world ;)

ChrML(Posted 2003) [#30]
Sorry then :)!

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#31]
@ hyperblitzer: Why put a dude down when he's giving you the chance to get free stuff? I'm starting to think that your attitude just about sums up the majority. :(

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#32]
>> The model is great! What Modelling App did you use? <<
Matt, I'm so silly, it's written clearly on the Titlebar of your Screenshot 8)

ChrML(Posted 2003) [#33]
Beeps: I said sorry!

To do not speak about how many times I've been put down when I've been trying showing anything...