final rigid body test....

Community Forums/Showcase/final rigid body test....

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just put together a last demo of my 2d rigid body engine. Now it's time for a game... so you see my engine in action some time next year.

The demo contains 4 scenes to play around with... I think it's gotten to a point where there's not much to be done about the speed or stability of the engine. Some small issues, like inverting of soft bodies if hit heavily etc... still exists.

DOWNLOAD here...
www.kotiposti.net/naama/IR3_TEST.zip

- Bouncer

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#2]
last demo
Yeah, right ;)

Amazing though! I'm getting a steady 50FPS on a 733MHz P3 with a GeForce2! Now get the game done!

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thats outstanding, any chance of licensing the code?

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
more like 200fps! check the fps limit....

Zenith(Posted 2003) [#5]
Cuuuuur-azy cool!

I want this. :O

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#6]
One of the most impressive things I've seen in blitz. Scene 2 is definitely the best.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#7]
Awesome. surprisingly fast. you appear to have a good method of collision, I guess I'm just to perfectionist, as I wanna get perfect line-tris collisions 3d. oh well. Your system runs super fast, and the fact that it's using sphere collisions is not noticeable at all. I liked the magnatism and wind forces alot. very realistic.

which made me think how hard would it be to levitate a pumpkin imbeedded with a metal plate? of course, you would need a giant electromagnet, and then a detector for altitude of pumpkin, but It shouldn't be too hard. be a cool haloween trick. of course, everything else metal would stick to it, but that's just a minor tradeoff.have it alternate on/off super fast to have the electromagnets force equal gravity. now that would be spooky. walk up my driveway and you got a floating pumpkin draining tons of electricity and costing me big $s. oh well. I have to much free time. I guess I should apply it to my 3d verlet editer and implementing my physics in singularity.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#8]
Stunning, very cool application of physics there :) Good luck with your game.

Physt(Posted 2003) [#9]
bot builder - I think the last issue of nuts and volts www.nutvolts.com had an article on building a device for levitaion. It wasn't using a pumpkin but the device would scale.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#10]
haha. I wasn't really serious, but that's pretty cool. hey yeah. there using pwm (pulse width modulation) to control the magnets pretty cool(pwm is what I meant by "alternate on/off super fast). ah well. I'm not really herdware savvy enough to do it. Maybe i should give the topic back to bouncer :)

BTW, what's your game, bouncer? or is it a secret?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#11]
Very, very nice. Does it work in 3 dimensions? Oh...2D engine...dang.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#12]
Yeah. Suriously. This engine is FAST. 2-5 ms. for like 1000 particles, 3000 constraints. sweet. Oh yeah, and halo, I'm workin... I'm workin... I'm just writing it at my best, so it might be a while. I think I'm also going to have the physics work with the water entities that would look SO cool.

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#13]
bot builder: having physics work with water would be VERY awesome!

bouncer:
VERY IMPRESSIVE work. Great job!! The physics are amazing.

-Matt

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#14]
bot builder: The game will be a kind of duel / dogfight game, with many players and bots. It might sound a little old fashioned nowadays, but I just love those games from Amiga days where you could bash eachother with your friend and drink beer :) So it would be played a bit like Roketz, Turboraketti, Auts , molez.... etc.

But the scenario is a little different. You control bacteria and virus "ships" that battle eachother inside human organs, so there will be some organic gfx and effects... lot's of nice stuff... and ofcourse some great physics modelling.

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#15]
Bouncer did you happen to play Fantastic Voyage on the Amiga? That was pretty nice, you should try finding it!

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#16]
That is one of the sweetest demos Ive seen in Blitz. I like the popping ballons too (nice touch)! How you managed to get such fluid and realistic physics with such a great framerate I can only wonder...

gameproducer(Posted 2003) [#17]
downloading... :)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#18]
Very nice. I dunno how you do this kinda stuff :D

200 fps

sweet!

gameproducer(Posted 2003) [#19]
heya, this was sweet :)