Pimp'n a model (well part of one)

Community Forums/Showcase/Pimp'n a model (well part of one)

NTense(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just pimp'n a screenshot of a project I've been working on today in Animation Master. It's eventually going to be an old man as a wizard for a 3D contest. Tonight I've been working on the face (both modeling and texturing). I've still got to do a lot of work on his nose and mouth, but, I'm just happy with how the face & eyes have turned out so far, and thought I'd throw him up on display ;-) . Here's the link.

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#2]
Kinda looks like George Bush in the face... Good job..

?4U Are the more recent versions of Animation Master more stable?

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#3]
looking good so far, nice work.

PimpDaz(Posted 2003) [#4]
Wow George Bush.....does your character sniff coke n steal elections (not to mention kick off wars) as well??

Seriously though, looks great

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#5]
Wow, I needed such a Char to be the End-Boss in Operation enduring Pretzel :)

How's the Polycount?

NTense(Posted 2003) [#6]
You know, when I was working on it last night I didn't even notice the similarity! but now that you all have said that... Hehe.. He does have a striking resemblence to him..

@ White Eagle: I've heard it is more stable now. Mine crashed twice last night while doing the model, but I've gotten in the habit of saving frequently in any modeling project (honestly, Photoshop crashes on me almost as much). I'm still using AM 99 (v 7.1). I haven't done much modeling or animation for about that long, and just recently have decided to start doing it again. They've really updated the features since then though (their hair and fur materials are incredibly easy from the tutorials I've looked at). I'm seriously considering upgrading my copy to the latest version. It's not great for game dev though, as it only works with patches. I do occasionally model something in AM and then export it as an .obj to bring into Milkshape.

@jfk: Lol.. I'm sure would make a great game! :D .. It's currently 416 patches. AM models with spline patches. I can export out to .obj files, and tesselate to however many poly's per patch that I want. So I could do a 1-1 export giving me 416 poly's, or 1-16 export giving me 6656 poly's!

I'll post more of him as I get him more complete.

NTense(Posted 2003) [#7]
Here's a newer pic of today's work. He still needs ears, some hair, teeth, and a little bumpmapping. I've been playing around with the fur material, but I think I'm going to have to use a TextureMap and some patches for the hair.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#8]
Looks cool. Is this a 512*512 Texture? Seems to be highly detailed. What will you use this for? Must be something very close up to the Camera. At least that would be possible, unlike with some HL1 Chars :) . Keep up the good work!

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#9]
I'm still using AM 99 (v 7.1).
Same version I have, very crash prone. Damn good product though and great for making MD2, just have been scared to try the newer versions...

NTense(Posted 2003) [#10]

Looks cool. Is this a 512*512 Texture? Seems to be highly detailed. What will you use this for?

Right now it uses 3 textures, the largest being 1024 x 1024.. It's not for realtime, but rather cinematic rendering. :-)

I've read multiple reviews saying the stability is better with the newer versions. Mine doesn't crash too often, but I still save after every other change.