TECNO - Inside the Base

Community Forums/Showcase/TECNO - Inside the Base

Paolo(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi everybody,

I would like to update everyone about the TECNO development...

TECNO is a first person role playing game.
I have been developing it for about 18 months and it will probably be finish by the end of this year.

For the ones who saw the first TECNO demo (made in another engine), I want to say the game is at least twice better now, and this is mostly thanks to Blitz :)

Game storyline, weaponry, vehicles, "high tech" machines operation, enemies (simples and bosses), saving/loading system, well thinking in-game puzzles, and many more features will come in this game...

You can find some info, screenshots and a small 1mb in-game video here:
TECNO - Inside the Base

Ciao!
Paolo.-

Ice9(Posted 2003) [#2]
Very nice video shots. Looks like a winner.

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#3]
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer."

Ouch..

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#4]
Well it does look nice till the traffic been exeeded wich it seems to do only after me seing a few pictures :(
you should look arround for a better provider me thinks.

and the screenshots look very cool :)
nice light and colors.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#5]
those screens look well beautiful :)

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#6]
Looks great! Perhaps you should change the name to 'Techno - Inside the Bass' ;)

JustLuke(Posted 2003) [#7]
The screenshots look wonderful!

Have you made much progress on implementing game content yet? I only ask because the in-game video and screenshots don't show any interaction or gameplay...

I really like the look of this game and I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Zmatrix(Posted 2003) [#8]
Looking good Paolo.

Its certainly looks better, even tho it great in the other engine.
Glad to see a progress report :)

Zmatrix

ckob(Posted 2003) [#9]
hey did u start this in 3drad?? seems familair

Blackway(Posted 2003) [#10]
Muy bueno Paolo !!

Caff(Posted 2003) [#11]
Looking very impressive, although a demo would be even more impressive :)

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#12]
Hey...about time you finnally left that other engine. I'm sure you'll find better results with this one.

Paolo(Posted 2003) [#13]
Thank you all men (and women if any :)

Sorry about the website problems,
I will see to move it into another free site (just for the moment)

@Lemort,
I have thought all of the gameplay, and a well part of it is already programmed. If I have to say it quickly, I say the gameplay is as in a Resident Evil game but in first person view and with more interaction...

I will see if I can spend some time to join some pieces for a small demo...

@Blackway,
sos argentino?, al fin alguien relativamente cercano :)
Estás en algo de ADVA por casualidad?, estuve por ir el otro día a una conferencia allí, pero se me complicó...

Ok, then, thank you all again,
I will let you know about news on the progress

bye!
Paolo.-

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#14]
Hey Paolo, or should I say Eurythmia? I just finnally checked out the divx video of the demo. I see that you used the same level you had for the 3DRAD demo......and I can definately see it runs a lot smoother and faster. Really great work...cant wait to try it out.

Neuro

Paolo(Posted 2003) [#15]
Hi Neuro,
no problem, call me whatever you want :)

Yes sure, I'm using most of the level pieces I had for the Rad version, and believe it or not, they now run a lot faster and even with more features included... (the game will definetily will play well in low-end PC also)

ciao!
Paolo.-

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#16]
and believe it or not

Oh...i KNEW it would.........

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hey Paolo!!!!

Long time no see (hear from)...

I knew I would be hearing something from you soon though... sort of an ESP thing I have.

Three days ago I was tempted to email you, but decided to wait a bit longer...

... I knew some new news was about to surface.

Great looking stuff, as usual :)

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#18]
I like, but want to see monsters. We all want to see monsters.

Blackway(Posted 2003) [#19]
Como va Pablo?
si, soy Argentino y parte de la comisión directiva de ADVA....
una lástima que no hayas podido venir.... espero verte en la próxima...
en cuanto a tu proyecto....sinceramente se ve impresionante...muy bueno!
en que parte de Uruguay estas?
Saludos....

Paolo(Posted 2003) [#20]
Hey Mike,
yeah, I'm still inside my cave... :)

ahhhhh RockStar, I'm afraid you will have to wait a little more, in fact I would prefer you look at them in action and not in images...

One more screenshot, this isn't at the website:

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#21]
Great work Paolo! This is looking really good - definately one of the most promising Blitz FPS-games. I like the gfx-style, it's refreshing after all those dark gray ones...

I like your game project also because I'm too developing FPS game and I'm too just "1 man dev studio" trying to do all by myself. AND I do have BA in Architecture - it sure does help when creating 3D worlds and enviroments... spatial thinking and getting proportions & functionalities right and all those things.

Good luck! Now I'm off to check that video you have on your site...

Paolo(Posted 2003) [#22]
Thanks Mustang,
Actually I visited your site some time ago, there was a great looking stuff there and the "game design" articles were excelent, pretty interesting :)

Ciao!!!
Paolo.-

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#23]
That looks amazing. Great work. I look forward to playing a demo.

-Matt

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#24]
Paolo, muy buenas imagenes y excelente video, de verdad te lo digo. Sigue asi que el jeugo promete y en el momento que cuelges una demo, me la bajo sin dudarlo :-).

Muy bueno, de veras.

Un saludo.

L_DRAVEN

CENTURY WEB: www.century-game.tk

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#25]
Great Style! I love it. Nice use of faked volumetric Lights. More and more I believe it's possible to rebuild the Universe - using Blitz! :)

Gabor(Posted 2003) [#26]
Looks fantastic, I love the unique style.

asdfasdf(Posted 2004) [#27]
Just asking. Where did get or what program made those textures?

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#28]
Sorry Blitz Programmer about the delay on the reply...
Those textures are made by me, I use Corel Photo-Paint and I mostly use a plugin for it called "Eye Candy 4000" (you get great results with this), you can find it here
http://www.alienskin.com/index.html

Also, I'm bringing this post to the front because I'm going to upload a demo of the game just to test how it works in different PC,
and I wonder if anyone here has had troubles downloading stuff from Freewebs, is it too slow?

Paolo.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#29]
Loading a video right now, it seems to give a very steady pace of 2 kB a sec. You can't offer a many MB demo with that speed. If you can live with a banner ad, then www.freewebpage.org seems to be good, try loading something from my site.

GNS(Posted 2004) [#30]
Might also try www.250free.com. They don't offer much bandwidth (500MB I believe) but hey, it's free.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#31]
Paolo: Iam searching for something for somebody on old backups and I happened on some of your RAD demos, the one showing reflections/mirrors (awesome) and a third person demo that appears to be the early version of the one in this thread. Some awesome stuff in RAD and B3D.

Tab(Posted 2004) [#32]
Vi tu genial codigo de la version multiplayer de "Tecno - Inside The Base" y quede muy intrigado con la capacidad de "Gnet games in progress detection". Como hiciste esto? Me podrias ayudar a hacer un FPS multiplayer? En especial esa particular opcion de reconocimiento "Gnet".

Gracias!!

Andy(Posted 2004) [#33]
Eh!?

Andy

Picklesworth(Posted 2004) [#34]
250 free gives 500 megs bandwidth and 250 megs storage.
Um... don't know why I just wrote that.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#35]
Ascii1457 said that he has been impressed by GNet capabilities in Tecno's multiplayer demo. He asks Paolo to help him with a multiplayer FPS.

Andy(Posted 2004) [#36]
Ahhh, thanks jedive... That's mighty fine of you!

Andy

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#37]
Ops, this is an old topic :)

@Ascii1457,
I have sent you an e-mail with some information about Gnet, got it?

@Jedive,
España? :), estaria bueno que se hablara mas en español por aquí , por cierto, me gustaria ver si algun "ingles" puede escribir la letra "ñ" con su teclado , hehehehe :)

Bye!
Paolo.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#38]
Hola Paolo, Tecno te esta quedando MUY guapo :)

[TRANSLATION]For the rest of you: Hi Paolo, Tecno is looking really great[/TRANSLATION]

Blackway(Posted 2004) [#39]
Paolo...tanto tiempo.... he probado tu demo, la verdad que estás haciendo un gran trabajo....
Saludos!

[TRANSLATION]For the rest of you: Why don't you learn a bit of Spanish ? :) [/TRANSLATION]

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#40]
LOL

Murphy(Posted 2004) [#41]
this suck soooooooo much ;)
but the game rocks! :)

Paolo(Posted 2004) [#42]
hahahaha !!!! :)

Gracias, Gracias!
Aquí sigo trabajando, ... supongo que algun dia lo voy a terminar...
Vamos arriba el Español !

[TRANSLATION]Spanish = the best language in the world :) [/TRANSLATION]

Paolo.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#43]
I'm very sorry to say, Eurythmia, but when you say "Techno" in a very slow, low voice, it says "I'm dead" when you play it backwards.

And "Eurythmia" says "My Theory" when played backwards. Sadly, "Inside the Base" doesn't reveal any hidden secret. So I suppose you're a dead philosopher developing a dead game? :)

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#44]
Please don't be dead.... ;_;

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#45]
[OFFTOPIC]
"Join the Navy" says "Give in to Bush" backwards.

Braincell(Posted 2005) [#46]
If you have enough money to buy Eye Candy 4000 which is $170, i dont see why you wouldnt give $4 per month for a very good host and lots and lots of bandwidth, Eurythmia?

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#47]
I doubt that it's dead, it was coming along fantastically. It wasn't that long ago that he was playing around with physics ropes generated by Tokamak attached to people's hands. Therefore, I doubt that it's stopped - just hit a slow bit probably.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#48]
@ Mr. Picklesworth - I'm kidding. I just tested it out in "sndrec32.exe" and it was a pretty strange coincedence. This is probably my favorite project out of all the Blitz projects. Looks like it's going to be pretty cool.