BSP Factory map screenshots

Community Forums/Showcase/BSP Factory map screenshots

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#1]
This shots are from a map that is being made by a spanish BSP Factory user. The map is not finished yet:

BSP Factory 1.1 is progressing very good, and TONS of new features are being added. Take a look here for more info: http://www.binary-people.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=60

Caff(Posted 2003) [#2]
Jolly good. Hope to add some of own soon :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#3]
Indeed, looks good! Nice Alpha Support of the Windows - is it using a fourth Channel for alpha? TGA?

BTW. since Photoshop 7 don't support TGA with Alphachannel anymore (afaik), it would be a good idea to write an Aplhachannel Editor in Blitz. TGA Format seems to be easy.
[/OT]

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#4]
BTW. since Photoshop 7 don't support TGA with Alphachannel anymore....
Of course it does, they just changed the way it works (to a better method in my opinion). The seperate alpha channel is not exported, but the built in image alpha is. This means you need to make the image transparent (so that you can see the checkerboard), in order for Photoshop to export it. This makes it much easier to control the final output.

Ohh, and Jedive, nice job by the way :)

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#5]
The windows are just JPG textures loaded with the alpha flag (black=transparent, white=opaque). Of course, if you use a file format that supports alpha (TGA or PNG), the alpha information in the texture will be used instead of the color map.

Oh! And this map is not finished yet. It's author sent me a nearly finished version two days ago, and it is looking really impressive :D

Caff(Posted 2003) [#6]
In the third shot there is a leak on the lightmap along the bottom wall next to the door frame.

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#7]
Yep, is a YAL problem. After some things I have planned are sorted, I will probably write a new lightmapper.