Blitz to PhP/MySQL Game secure Hiscore system

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitz to PhP/MySQL Game secure Hiscore system

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#1]
I will soon make avaiable for the community the secure blitz-->php/mySQL online score system.

It is based upon the md5 single way encryption, and an inhouse algorithm, which can assure a certain degree of security.

It has been tested onto linux/apache with Php4.0 and MySQL database.

It works pretty good, and is very easy to implement, and fully customizable.

Post here your interest about it.

simonh(Posted 2003) [#2]
Consider me interested...I've been meaning to implement such a system for SHB so obviously if something already exists like it I'll take a look.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2003) [#3]
I dont want to highjack this thread cos I like the idea. but http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/highscore/ is a free to use system I run for the blitz community, Its probably not as secure as yours will be but it does the job.

Also means for those developers who either dont have webspace or cant find the 300 odd sum required for most SQL enabled sites then Id say I offer a good option.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#4]
Ok, yes the system is already there, I just don't have a proper (fast) php\mysql hosting to set a dedicated online demo up.
I will do it ASAP, the demo will be a blitz exe "form" where to put data to send, and a web page displaying the comments of the testers.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#5]
Of course Yavin, people is free to choose, whenever to get your hosting / hiscore solution, or a full customizable one, where you buy real source code, with a license for modification and customizaztion (of course not of reselling and distribute)

Talking about security, in the meantime you can try to hack the sytem here onto the old system tables.

Idigicon's employees, GFK and other people who could have the access on my source code of course is not allowed in the hacking attempt :), would just be, too easy :)

Oh, and BTW of course, I need to wait some week, until Idigicon's modified system will be online, before to license any copy of the "lib"

Hear you soon,

rhuk(Posted 2003) [#6]
I also implemented a PHP/MySql highscore system in my 3dinvaders game. It doesn't do any encyrption, but that would be trivial to add. Mine also supports http proxy servers. I'll post the code if anybody cares to compare :)

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#7]
Well having 3 systems is better than one :P

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#8]
Well, I would like to know a bit more but I am interested.

Thanks,

IPete2.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#9]
Well, I would like to know a bit more but I am interested.

Thanks,

IPete2.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#10]
here some info

systems requirements:

-blitz compiler
-any blitz network library which works around proxies

server requirements:

- tested on:
Linux-Apache
Php4.0
MySQL
- not tested but should work on:
windows
apache server win32
php4.0
mysql

security / encryption:

A single key MD5 (single way) custom encryption algorithm, written for linux-based web intranet systems authentication, was translated in blitzbasic language.

setup:

- 2 extensible php scripts file to copy on the web server folder.
- 1 blitzexe which explains the method + 1 include .bb source code file for straight implementation (no proxy management)

license:

- freeware for domestic / learning use
- shareware for commercial products (price to be set, something around 5-10$ per published game)

------------------------------
Why the price ? Why not free ?

We have worked in team for more than 1 month, to write, convert and test the system.

The juice is in the encryption algorithm, which is basic enough to be understood, but solid enough to be hard to break.

-----------------------------------------------------
* note: basic MD5 single way encryption and ENCODE64 functions are performed in blitz thanks to:
- the "Base 64 Encoder" by mangus
- the "MD5 Digest" by Craig Kiesau