Rifle Opinions?

Community Forums/Showcase/Rifle Opinions?

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#1]
I spent the last few days creating this rifle.
Please tell me what you think.

Thank you
-Matt

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
A rifle cunningly disguised as a red x in a box? :)

[EDIT]
Oh, Geocities. I see...

How about some bigger shots of it?
[/EDIT]

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks pretty good - although I wonder how it works - and what is the second handle for if it's a sniper rifle. the optics seem to be a bit small, I guess usefull lenses are bigger, but I could be wrong. Also the way the Optics are mounted on the Weapon is a bit uncommen. the barrel stabilizer (?) reminds me a bit of a kala design, then again it's completely diffrent. Is this an existing design?
All in all it looks very realistic.

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#4]
Nice model ;)

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#5]
What GfK said... don't see the image?

Koriolis(Posted 2003) [#6]
Surely Geocities doesn't allow remote linking?
Right click the image, select Properties, then you have the address of the image. Copy it, paste it in the address bar and you'll see the image.

It looks good Matt2222

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#7]
Or disable URL Referrer of your Browser. Usually this is only used to spy what nasty site you are coming from anyway...

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#8]
Here it is. I did away with the stupid geocities page for now.
Here it is.

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#9]
Looks cool! One thing though, I would put more detail -polygon- (like on the scope) on the parts that the player sees the most. I would delete polys from the barrel end of the gun, as that seems to be perfectly round...
Well, that would be the correct thing to do when this is used in an fps. It could be different for other types of games ofcourse....

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#10]
Wiebo, barrel end seems to me that it's just a texture... but yes, more detail to the scope and rear-end would be good for FPS game use. The grip / handle seems to me bit "uncofortable" too... and ammo magazine is bit "tiny" IMO.