Woohoo! My first playable game!

Community Forums/Showcase/Woohoo! My first playable game!

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hehe. After working with Blitz for nearly 3 years now I figured it was about time I actually released something which resembled a game. What started as a burst of inspiration has now taken form. My puzzle game, Trouble is now available to download from my website. As always, comments and ideas are welcome.

I would also welcome anyone with a creative mind to aid in level designing. Email me for further details and a copy of the editor.

To avoid confusion, V1.4 is the main game. The earlier version is difficult to play as blocks move more freely, making it tough to get them into place. If you want to play the older levels (included with V1.4 as well) use the parameter '-compatible'. It will automatically load in the older maps with the friendlier interface of the latest version.

Downloads page
Screenshots

keyboard(Posted 2003) [#2]
hmmm

web site unavailable

oh well, i check later...

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#3]
Strange - should work fine. Must be a busy server or something. Its a crummy free angelfire site though. I plan to upgrade the website to a better server soon.

soja(Posted 2003) [#4]
Neo,

I ran it, saw a spinning dude in the upper left for about a second or two, then it quit with the dialog "Error!: Demo Completed. Check my website for updates..." etc.

Warren(Posted 2003) [#5]
Quick suggestion ... lose the fading on the screenshots page. It's just getting in the users way of seeing them. They didn't come to your site to see the screen cross fade. :)

keyboard(Posted 2003) [#6]
me too same as Soja :)

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#7]
Crud. I uploaded the debug version. To rectify my clear mistake - change the level names. Puzzle1.puz - Puzzle9.puz, Puzzle2.puz - Puzzle10.puz etcetera. I will upload a correctly working version later today.

(In case you hadnt noticed - it says 'map 9' in the title bar ^_^)

keyboard(Posted 2003) [#8]
"Crud. I uploaded the debug version" - Bill Gates

yeah that works fine, mmm, love the change of wardrobe, very fetching :)

What kind of timing are you using? The player is moving very fast for me, and its too easy to accidentally bump the blocks into the wrong place.

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#9]
At the moment Im using a crummy WaitTimer. Should keep things running smoothly enough though. How fast is your system?

There is a new version available on my website. This one loads them in correctly and I have enabled the special effects (disabled in previous versions) for the hot tiles. Some nice glowing effects.

keyboard(Posted 2003) [#10]
it works fine, and no problems with the timing.

I'm always up for a game I can show the kiddiwinks in the family, and this is perfect. They are far superior to me at puzzle games, too, so they like that :)

cheers

Neo Genesis10(Posted 2003) [#11]
Always nice to get positive feedback. Its constantly being updated and new features are always being added (and occasionally removed). A newer version will be available to download shortly with more ways to give your brains a workout.

In case you were curious - the additional costumes for the character were originally designed with cooperative play in mind. A test version at the moment has up to 4 players working together as a team to accomplish difficult puzzles. There are still some timing bugs to iron out before a release though (still havent got the hang of netplay fully). Watch this space...

keyboard(Posted 2003) [#12]
okely dokely :)