XLnt Lists

Community Forums/Showcase/XLnt Lists

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#1]
just finished adding some useful stuff to XLnt II v1.2 lists and thought it might help drum up some punters....

lists can now have ints, floats, and text input!!

registered users will get this soon as poss. :)

non-registered users will be getting v1.1 which contains a few (boring) new things and bug fixes - but nothing too special ;)

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#2]
Wow, I like the idea of being able to have controls *within* a list! That looks pretty handy for doing quick or dynamic input 'forms': instead of having to really lay them out, just throw the inputs into a list and you're done - nice.

Matter of fact, the project I'm putting together right now, a cutscene script editor, will benefit greatly from this. It's currently very fluid, with commands being added and changed. Each one has several different parameters which are subject to change, so designing a Window or Tab for each command with placed Gadgets for each parameter is time-consuming. But if I could just place those parameters into a list of input controls of different types, that would speed development up greatly. Consider this update eagerly anticipated by at least one registered user... :)

Oh, and I see there's a new resize-indicator triangle in the corner of that window. What a *good* idea to add that - I'm sure that *whoever* might have requested it is appreciative. ;)

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#3]
the "in list" controls work very nicely - you just add the new list item and then read off the item's gadget ID. This gadget can then be used as normal - reading, writing, and events!

lol - the resize thing came to me in a flash of genius or an email - can't remember which one at the mo ;)

QuickSilva(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks great, that`s one more reason for everyone to register :) Can I just ask will you be adding the ability to have "snappy" windows like WinAMPs that kind of stick together when close to each other?

Jason.

TeraBit(Posted 2003) [#5]
This stuff look damn impressive!

Qcat(Posted 2003) [#6]
Nice Stuff just whot i was looking for :D

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#7]
Very sexy addition.

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#8]
lol - u need to get out more beaks ;)

update out either today or tommorow :)