Impossaball (retro-remakes comp 3rd place)

Community Forums/Showcase/Impossaball (retro-remakes comp 3rd place)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2003) [#1]
I'm glad that a Blitz game has placed in this comp, and hopefully a few people have got some fun (and frustration) from it.

1st Place - SWIV - coded in Delphi with some game lib
2nd Place - R-Tronic - created in MultiMedia Fusion (I think).
3rd Place - Impossaball - created in Blitz 3D :)

You can get Impossaball here: http://www.tcksoft.co.uk/impossaball.php

Full competition results are here: http://www.remakes.org/website/competition/results.php

I am still shaking my head in dis-belief that I have placed, and I don't think I've done bad to say it was my first little 3D game.

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#2]
Well done kid!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2003) [#3]
Well done you -- pity you got a bit of a booby prize though... ;)

Looks to be some really nice stuff in there!

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2003) [#4]
The competition did what it set out to do and got everyone a whole stack of new games to play. Some really good ones, and a few stinkers.

Also it was nice to have everyone together, regardless of the tools they were using, all one happy game-remaking family. lol.

There are entries made in Blitz, Blitz 3D, DB, 3D Rad, MMF, Visual Basic, Delphi, and lots of others too.

Cheers guys, I'm glad I didnt let the side down, and one of the Blitz coded games got a top place. Prize or no prize thats an accomplishment for me. :)

Last year I won a few Kool Dog games in a XMAS GAME comp for my White Christmas, which was nice too. :)

I know Impossaball is a pretty damn simple game, no models, everything generated internally with primitives but it was a good learning exercise. I tried a stack of times to get my head around 3D and I think I'm finally getting there. :)

It's a big leap when you are used to ZX Spectrum Basic. :D

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#5]
Hey, good going there TCK. I would have replied on Blitzcoder if I could actually get to the site now, but it ain't happening, so I'll say it here.

Seems as though you were let down by one judge. You top scored with both of the others.

I thought it was a great job of convering Impossaball, and for a first attempt at 3d, it was even more impressive.

( GabrielKnight74 )

robleong(Posted 2003) [#6]
Well done, TCK! Now that you've won a DB prize, I hope you won't be tempted to go to the Dark side...

Phil Newton(Posted 2003) [#7]
Great work, and I love Impossaball!

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Congratulations, it looked like a hell of a compo and as stated above, you topped 2/3 judges, thats a hell of an achievment.

Top banana mate :)

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#9]
Excellent! Well done.

EOF(Posted 2003) [#10]
I know Impossaball is a pretty damn simple game, no models, everything generated internally with primitives but it was a good learning exercise
That's why I love Impossaball. Fab game Andrew. Gameplay is tops. Particularly the 'speccy' look.