Need a Hand Model

Community Forums/Showcase/Need a Hand Model

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#1]
I need a professionally looking gloved Hand for my current Project, CSP FPS Engine 2.0.

You might remember Version 0.8:

Unfortunately this Hand is not copyright by me and I can not sell it in any way.

I tried to model one myself but I get stucked with a good Texturemapping:

Now I hope I will find a talented Modeller who is familar with anatomic Modeling can help me with this.

The Hand should be lowpoly and nevertheless it should look good. As a reference you could take the Hand Model from the OCP Demo Release (click my sig). Of course the Model should be useful for a serie of guns with a standard shaped Grip (as currently in my sig).

I can offer a few bucks immediately or some more as an option as soon as I have made some money out of this engine. And of course the Modeller will be in the credits and probably could officially join the team if he/she wants to.

Thanks a lot for your time.

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#2]
Should it be boned and animated, or just a single static mesh?

Fredborg

Tranz(Posted 2003) [#3]
Your hand model looks pretty good, perhaps if you send the model and texture I could fix up your texture mapping for you?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hi! A static Model would be ok, I will then add 2 bones in CFX. The Problem with this model was I was not clever enough to map the Fingers in a way they were not crossing eachother on the UV Map. Of course, I can send you the Model. If you could unwrap in a way that can be used to paste a Photo onto the Glove then I could make the Texture as well. It's just the Unwrapping.

But I also think the Thumb is not so good like in the model above. That one really "lives", you can see the tension and the Muscle "trough" the Glove.

However, I'll send you the Model, a good UV Map is already very useful for me. Thanks a lot for your help!

Where should I send it, Tranz?

Tranz(Posted 2003) [#5]
Send it to: Tranz3d@...

I've have a look at the thumb as well.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#6]
I would like a hand, too! Can I use the one Tranz touches up?

Smurfpuss(Posted 2003) [#7]
does the hand need to be animated

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Nope. Just holding the DarkMatter pistol like that one is.

JFK, that model is from DarkMatter, just in case you don't know.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#9]
how many polys JFK?Thng is i did a hand a few years ago , but the model wasn't so great, but the texture came out really nice.If i can find the tex i will let you have it if you want

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#10]
Maybe 200 to 300 Polys. Of course the polycount should be as low as possible and it should still look good. It should include a lower arm too. If Halo can use it too is up to the Designer, I wouldn't mind but I would try to use an individual Texture.

Halo, yes, I know, it's a Darkmatter Pistol. But anyway I can use it royalty-free.

EDIT - I have just seen my current Model is using 478 Polys...

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#11]
Well here it is , needs lot of retouching, the glove was jsut slapped on , but if you want it its yours.Its only 320 polys right now so it could spare some more detail if you like
I had a nicer version( texture wise) , but it got erased at some point.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#12]
That's looking good. I am not shure if the forefinger should be bended too because I need to use an x-mirrored Copy (= left Hand) of it to hold the Minigun.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#13]
Well you can just rotate the finger , by selecting the verts and roatating. its best you do it and get your hand in the position you want.

So yeah if you want it email me I will post it to you tomorrow after have i finished the skin job.
Fraid i haven't time after that to do any more, its just a model i did a few years ago that needs a home

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#14]
Ok.

Tranz - maybe you don't have to start mapping, please stand by.