Yoda Soccer beta 0.66

Community Forums/Showcase/Yoda Soccer beta 0.66

Massimo32(Posted 2003) [#1]
Yoda Soccer is a new soccer game which intends to give a continuation to the funny and easy playable series of Sensible World of Soccer (aka SWOS).
It's written in Blitzbasic 2D.
The source code is available under the GNU general public license.

Download the latest version (beta 0.66) from the official site (we moved recently from geocities):

http://yodasoccer.sourceforge.net

Have fun!

Ciao,
Massimo32

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#2]
Very nice game. Needs sliding/tackling though.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#3]
Yeah! This is really good!

This takes me back a few years...

Well, I took England up against Italy. It was a tight game the first half, ended 0-0. Then just after the break, Del Piero came storming towards David Seaman who made a quite incredible mistake of a rebound off the crossbar, scoring an own goal. Another shot by Vieri two minutes later put them 2-0 up.

I salvaged some dignity with a goal by Vassel in the 83rd minute.

Ahem...

Yes it plays very well, it has a very similar feel to the original sensible soccer. Sliding tackles and headers are important so I hope you can get that right - red/yellow cards and injuries too :) Also backpass to the keeper, he's not very good with it!

Also, is there an exit button? My machine locked up and I had to reboot. It was just like playing on an Atari ST again LOL

Giano(Posted 2003) [#4]
Bella Massimo!!!! Un altro italiano nella community...piacere di conoscerti, sono Gianluca...
Carino il tuo progetto...Quando lo finirai?

Nice work

Ciao

Snader(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looking good... I am following this game now for a while, but I think the first thing you should do is get the gameplay right (tackling and stuff). This was wat the game of SWOS was all about!

As I said! Looking great! KEep up the good work!

Massimo32(Posted 2003) [#6]
Ok, it seems that heading and sliding are the most urgent things! ;)
Other goals for the next future are a better goalkeeper and custom competitions.

@Gianluca: a dire il vero e' cosi' divertente realizzarlo che speriamo di non finirlo mai! ;)
A parte scherzi, ci lavoriamo su nel tempo libero da poco pił di un anno, e per ora non abbiamo fatto programmi dettagliati ne' sulle tempistiche ne' sulle caratteristiche definitive del gioco.

Ciao,
Massimo

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#7]
Se riusciste ad aggiungere il multiplayer sarebbe fico,
mi propongo di programmare la Gazzetta di Yoda Online se ci arrivaste.

(ti immagini un fantacalcio giocato con il joypad a Yoda Soccer ;P ?)

Ciao

Tommaso

Vorderman(Posted 2003) [#8]
Wow, Nice work! Sensi Soccer (and Kick Off) were the only footy games I've ever enjoyed playing.

This plays just like the original, which is great, but I would like to be able to hack down the opposition. You should certainly add sliding tackles next.

Massimo32(Posted 2003) [#9]
@ Zurk173: yes, we plan to add LAN option, even if it isn't a priority.

Again regarding sliding tackles (and heading), I coded them apart, adding them to the game will be the easy task! (hope so ;)

Ciao,
Massimo

Caff(Posted 2003) [#10]
This game is so good, I think I will try to find a joystick so I can relive the days of having an Atari ST with sensi soccer :)

Snader(Posted 2003) [#11]
If you need a good Digital joystick with the old Atari ST/Amiga feel, get one of these greek joysticks:

http://www.cmsco.gr/pages/european.htm