BSP Factory Published

Community Forums/Showcase/BSP Factory Published

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#1]
BSP Factory has been finally published by Binary People. The program will be officially announced by them probably sometime next week, but it is available for purchasing now for only $14.99, and there's a demo version on the website. Check the link on my signature.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#2]
Congratulations. Useful addition to Blitz.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#3]
Look forward to trying this one! ;)

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#4]
Been waiting for something like this, so I can use Worldcraft/Hammer compile it into a .BSP (Halflife .BSP) and then use this program to convert it 100% perfect into BB3D format and lightmap it also.

Just so im clear.

Oh and did I miss the anouncement about BP being redone? cus it look well sweet now ;D.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#5]
Well, having purchased BSP Factory, I can say that first impressions are good. It works well, nice smooth work flow, and high quality results.

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#6]
I tried the demo on one of the supplied BSP's .. Now, my PC isn't slow (understatement, with a 3.2ghz) but after half an hour still nothing had happened, so i assumed it hung up on me...

Tracer

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#7]
hmm that's very strange... anybody else has that problem?

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#8]
I'd buy it Jedive, but obviously it needs to work on my system :) so if i can help in any way, lemme know.

Tracer

Caff(Posted 2003) [#9]
Tracer - when you import a BSP file, you might need to turn the camera to look at it. Right-click in the blue window after you've loaded one in, and mouse the mouse around until you see the level. Use cursor keys to zoom around the map.

Right-click again to 'release' the camera-look.

Then click 'lightmap', put it on Medium and 1024x1024 and sit back and watch.

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#10]
Dude, when i import a BSP, the whole program hangs, or is working on something that never ends :)

Tracer

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#11]
Does that only happens when you execute the bsp examples or also when you import a bsp on bsp factory demo itself?

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#12]
It's only the import into the factory demo. The examples work fine.

I import one of the BSP's that comes with the demo and then it hangs.

Tracer

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#13]
Try renaming the 'textures' folder to something else and then import the BSP. Loading a BSP without textures takes MUCH less time. But, even loading it with textures, shouldn't take that long. What are your system specs?

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#14]
P4-3.2ghz
Intel MB
gig of ram
Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
SB Audigy 2
Win XP Pro SP1

Renaming textures folder resulted in the same thing.. hang up.

Tracer

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#15]
Whoa.. Nice Spec Tracer.. Very nice indeed

Caff(Posted 2003) [#16]
Bloody hell, what does that run like? I was thinking of upgrading to that *exact* spec (maybe a 256mb Radeon 9800 instead of the GeforceFX)

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hmm here is a extremely simple map that should not take longer than 1 second to load: http://www.galeon.com/jedive/storage/test.zip

Tell me if it also hangs your computer.

Oh! And here's a pic of the first beta of BSP Factory 1.1, with a Windows native interface:

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#18]
Jedive, it seems that wherever you have that picture and test BSP, doesn't want to download for me.

On my specs, yeah, it runs VERY nicely :)

Tracer

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#19]
Tracer - try this mirror.

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#20]
That one works.

The arttest one and the demo one coming with the BSP Factory demo are the ones that hang up.

Tracer

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#21]
tracer would you make a small map of your own and see if it also hangs your computer? This is very strange, and it seems you're the only person with such problems.

Tracer(Posted 2003) [#22]
sure, will do that tonight.

Tracer

okee(Posted 2003) [#23]
Jedive

Whwn I click on the map properties the properties window doesn't display fully, it seems to only display about the top 60 or so pixels, this is on a custom map but works ok on the demos.
Also it would be nice to be able to use subdirectories within the textures folder.

nice job

okee

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#24]
That's fixed for version 1.1 okee. About the subdir option, I take note of it.