Community Forums/Showcase/Dragan's Quest final demo

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#1]
Leave your impressions / insults here.

Cheers,

Tom

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
[edit]n/m - found it[/edit]

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#3]
Wasnt this game called Bubble somthing or other before?

maximo(Posted 2003) [#4]
Is it really really really final this time ;)

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#5]
Was Bubble Trouble, but as we have a Bubbletrouble X for the Mac OSx, the marketing people decided the name had to change.

And so it was.

Dragan is the short name for Dragomir, which is Charles in Slovenian, and also very similiar to the english word dragon.

Bye !

Giano(Posted 2003) [#6]
Wow...finally...
I'm waiting for the final version...

How much time did you code for it?

What are new projects?

Do you think Blitz is always the state of the art language for games?

Some advice for who is starting project now?

Ciao
Gianluca

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#7]
Time is envaluable.

It could be 2000 hours, but I really can't tell.
The problem with this game, is that I wanted to do almost everything of it.

Fortunately I had not to write a level editor, but I had to design all of the 30 levels, textures, sounds, bones animations (very time consuming), and musics.

So I could say 800 hours programming, 600 hours gfx/level design, 500 hours of working online with artists, with publisher and music and sound fx design and 100 hours to watch the screen thinking: What I'm doing wrong here ?

The final version is being boxed, so it shouldn't be so far.

New projects? Hard to tell.

I'd never will put me again in a so hard work alone with Blitz3D, that's for sure.

I have a couple of games ideas running, and I don't exclude I will take back some of the DDK idea to make an action fight'em up game.

The problem is about resources.
I can't work all of a game out alone, and I can't rely on freelancer artists.

I never told that, but I'm sure of what I say:
Is not a matter of blitz3D haven't power enough to do AAA title. Is more likely that Blitz3D is an individual coding tool, and people tend to make their game all alone.

This means that never we will see a blitz3D AAA TITLE, even if I saw many DX7 succesful titles, which could be easily coded even in blitz3D, but not by a single man company.

If it would exist an organized blitz3D development company, with 5 or more programmers plus entusiastic artists, I'm sure something astounding could be done.

But from now, I will consider to develope only 2 / 3 months dev-time games.

So they will be more based on fun / features, than on technique and animated characters (pity)

Regards,