village update(large pics)

Community Forums/Showcase/village update(large pics)

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#1]
just posting few more screnies of my village. Since I got blitz i mainly have just learned how to import media and setup basic stuff.I hope to learn some actual programming too soon. But for now I am just getting my art pipeline organised best as possible.I have quite few characters already done, including mr fly who likes maggots.I will,post some more WIP soon

morduun(Posted 2003) [#2]
Erm... *giggle*

They're nice shots... *giggle*

(though the flowers still look awfully squished to me)

But they distinctly remind me of someone...

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#3]
are those phone booths? to me they dont look like htey fit well with the rest of the village.

RexRhino(Posted 2003) [#4]
I will be having nightmares for the next week about a pear shaped man chasing me through a quaint english village.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#5]
OI that fella is welcome in my world any time :)

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#6]
wait till you see mr fly , who fires maggots at you
hey mordun , hadn't seen that johnny lemonhead.
RIF Raf , thought the phone boxes looked ok in the conext hmm, perhaps its just cause they are modern

Pearman was actually a creation of my wifes for a valentines card project . She does childrens book illustration .( scary childrens book llustration)
I made it in to a 3d project

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#7]
the telelphone boxes look in context to me - just a little big.

Show us mr fly!

Caff(Posted 2003) [#8]
Good stuff! Olde English phone boxes!

What tools are you using?

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#9]
btw - b3d format is about double the speed of md2

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#10]
Ye olde english phone boxes.!!yeah will try and make them a bit nicer soon, they look a bit unusual I suppose
i am using 3dsmax for everything really. All the characters will be md2. I continue to have problems with b3d format.
What my level really needs is proper lighthing with shadows, but that seems rather complex.
hey dave, i played binman , it was good fun

Here's mr fly. in the Mod version for UT he shoots out swarms of maggots at you.

PimpDaz(Posted 2003) [#11]
just a quick question, how'd ya do the floor? is the path etc made up of tiles or what???

Looks very good though

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#12]
he he, like Ye Olde AMD
Yup, the whole level is done on a grid ,square tiles all round.
lot of ps2 games are still done like this. Not that I am designing for ps2. i was just trying the technique out.
I have some good scripts for max that let you uv tex the tiles easily( andy oakely's uv tools)

Algo(Posted 2003) [#13]
Man what have you been smoking, those are some wierd characters. Looks good though, a bit of texture shearing in some of the grass but nothing I'm sure you're not aware of.

As for your b3d troubles, can you export to ASCII .x version 8?

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#14]
I am exporting x for static geometry and its works 100% great.
But for animated characters I am having probs. I can't get
the anmation commands in blitz to work( works fine for md2)
ie
;Walk sequence is 0-20

Animate player ,1,.7,0,20

But i if want to play only a portion of that
eg
Animate player ,1,.7,1,20
It still plays the whole sequence.
I need this to work because MS3d adds a null keyframe at the start.
Oh yeah ALG I don't take drugs I am just insane.( well so the little pixies keep telling me))
And those textures will get tidied up soon.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#15]
Hey, now then... that Mr Fly rocks! I love the fella. I want a hat like Mr Fly.

Glad you liked Binman btw :)

Algo(Posted 2003) [#16]
The Animate command is a bit different from AminateMD2, you need to use ExtractAnimSeq first, like so:

ExtractAnimSeq playermesh,1,30 ;sequence 0 - idle
ExtractAnimSeq playermesh,31,60 ;sequence 1 - walking
ExtractAnimSeq playermesh,61,90 ;sequence 2 - shooting

Animate playermesh,mode,speed#,1,transition# ;walk

Actually the reason I asked about .x is I have a .x 8 to .b3d converter but I've never tried it on anything other than Lightwave.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#17]
cool ALG, thank's for that.Can i try your x to b3d converter please?

ravey,Mr fly was done about 2 years ago now, he needs a texture/model update really, bit more polish

BTW ,This kind of work is not my normal stuff, I am a photorealist normally, but this is more fun

binman was cool,apart fom being constantly run over he he. liked the models/textures too,
nice turnips.

Algo(Posted 2003) [#18]
It only works with .x version 8+ text format, not binary, can you export to that from Max?

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#19]
mm ,not sure, I am using that panda.x exporter, not sure if thats diretc x 7 or 8, but it has animation options and text/binary/binary compressed options too

http://www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk/directxmax4.htm

Algo(Posted 2003) [#20]
OK looks like it does, e-mailing to you now. Could you let me know how you get on?

One more thing, as far as I know DirectX version 8 doesn't support multitexturing so my tool is really more suited towards characters, it works with boned animation or non boned animation and all the usual stuff ie vertex colours, shininess,alpha etc.