Angry Tanks Menu / Looking for musician

Community Forums/Showcase/Angry Tanks Menu / Looking for musician

sswift(Posted 2003) [#1]
I've been working on my game menus using my new GUI system, and I just got my main menu to a workable state with sound and basic animation. I thought you might like to check it out:

http://home.earthlink.net/~sswift/atmenu.zip

Boy this menu really needs some kick ass music and sound effects. And I just don't have the time to do them. I have a guy who's done some music for the game, but I'm just not happy with it. It's not nearly exciting enough, and it sounds kinda flat, even for a mod file. I would like to use mods, but if I have to I'll find someone who can do mp3's. I'll just have to cut back on the amount of music if I have to use mp3's. Of course I promised the musician I'm curently using a certain amount of dough, and he'll get that, but I guess I'll have to fork out some more if I want the music and sound for my game done right. Sound a really important part of making a game fun.

Anyone know any sound desgigners? :-) I need like five songs, and a bunch of sfx. And the pay is royalties up to some fixed amount of dough per song. (I don't want to be perpetually responsible for sending out royalty checks!)

RexRhino(Posted 2003) [#2]
Sswift:

see the email I send to you!

sswift(Posted 2003) [#3]
Yes, I do.

Sunteam Software(Posted 2003) [#4]
Well I think my work connex is doing funny stuff cos your download above only comes back as a 16.9Kb zip file with nowt innit. Still if you want to send it to me on email (mike@...) with a little description of what kind of music your looking for I might be able to knock something out. I won't be around now till Sunday evening but I have the Monday off work (woohooo) so I can probably do something then.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#5]
Actually I deleted the file, so you're just saving a 404 error page.

I'll re-upload the demo now.

Oh and you should be able to figure out what style of music is best on your own if you truly are the right person for the job. :-)

Warren(Posted 2003) [#6]
I can't make music, but I wanted to say I like the look of that main menu. Stylish without being overbearing.

You might want to make use of that lower area in some way though. Like, print a description of whatever option the user is hovering the mouse over or something.