Push'Em Deluxe, New Graphics

Community Forums/Showcase/Push'Em Deluxe, New Graphics

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#1]
My More or less finished game Push'em

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=javabean208192002120931&comments=no

is going through another rewrite this time to accomidate new graphics and larger tiles size was 24 now 32. The whole game will be full screen (Window option) plus all new menus etc.

Any way heres a screen, the hardest part will be drawing and animating the main character. Do you like the new or the old?

BTW the clouds are from the BB2D example gfx folder im not sure where i stand copyright wise in using them.

skn3(Posted 2003) [#2]
big improvement :)

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#3]
Yup! Not so dark and depressing anymore. :)

Caff(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looking good now! Much happier

Steve C ™(Posted 2003) [#5]
I prefer the old ones, the look nice n rugged! They would look even better on a brighter background I think.

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#6]
i like both of em, but i prefer the new graphics...

skn3(Posted 2003) [#7]
Seeing as your lookin at a puzzle market, the majority of puzzle games that have done well are bright and colorfull. You made a wise decision.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#8]
the majority of puzzle games that have done well are bright and colorfull

tis what i though, hence the change for the better I recon, This is the 3rd rewrite, was originaly written in B+ with real menus and buttons, I only had the demo version and as im now a student again I didnt see me have $60 free any time soon, so I did it in B2D (the current release) but it didn't have the right feel, I then decided to do some research and quickly discovered that ALL the popular puzzel games were bright and cartony. Phew.

Anyway back to the code got to write a funtion to create a TextField.