Military essentials is available now

Community Forums/Showcase/Military essentials is available now

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#1]
Fully animated military dudes, and we mean fully animated :) and only $14.99

The artist we had working on this one has slaved to get this out, we hope you like it.

Enjoy!

sswift(Posted 2003) [#2]
I hope nospam@... is your real email address, cause I just tried to email you some feedback, and I don't know if that's supposed to be some clever email box to catch spam or what.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#3]
nope sorry, didn't get it.

[edit]

oh, yes we did... I will reply to your questions, which are valid for everyone interested in these models, below.

The character models are around 1600 ploys etc bazooka and machine gun are around 200 polys. there's 43 animations per model, they are available in b3d, 3ds and ms3d.

The skeleton is broken down as follows...

Head
Right & left fingers
Right & left thumb
Right & left wrist
Right & left elbow
Right & left shoulder
Collar
Waist
Pelvis
Right & left hip
Right & left knee
Right & left ankle

These models have no animation of the mouth and no bones in the face for facial expression manipulation, but they are also not 65,000 polys. They are designed to be of use to everyone who wants to easily add dudes to their games and can be used in FPS through to RTS with a higher model count. As you can imagine you could use quite a few of these guys running around at only 1600 polys.

There's 13 models including the various texture options.

dangerdave(Posted 2003) [#4]
Where is the licensing/use information?
Your site just has a purchase button and some screen shots.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks for pointing this oversight out to us...

You can use the models and any derived works personally or commercially with the exception of use in any model pack, whether that pack is free or commercial. We've missed this off the website and will correct it shortly. You may not give the resources away freely or otherwise but may use them in your projects.

Same as any model pack really. ;)

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#6]
These look fantastic.
I only have one question : are the original .max or <insert modeller format here> files included? If not, is there an easy way to alter the models geometry whilst retaining the animations?
For example, if I wanted to make the model slightly fatter the actual geometry editing would be pretty simple, but if I lose all the animations in the process...
I know Unwrap3D is good for file format interchange but a lot of the formats lose animation when importing/exporting.

I'm sure there's a way, but I'd like to know BEFORE I buy :)

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#7]
Yes the milkshape model files are included for easy customization/editing.

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#8]
Where are they on your website, I cannot find a link

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#9]
www.binary-people.com/milessentials.php there's a section on the main page that links to them.

Cronos(Posted 2003) [#10]
BinaryPeople a fraudulent company ???

some friends and me,
we work hard , to create this

we never receive anything of ( BinaryPeople )
because ??
neither an explanation

we get tired of sending emails
without receiving answers.

BinaryPeople una empresa fraudulenta ???

unos amigos y yo
trabajamos duro para crear esto

nosotros nunca recibimos nada de ( BinaryPeople )
¿porque?
ni una explicación

nos cansamos de mandar emails
sin obtener respuestas por parte de ellos.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#11]
we never receive anything of ( BinaryPeople )
because ??
neither an explanation

we get tired of sending emails
without receiving answers.

I terminated my contract with Binary People for exactly the same reason.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#12]
hmmmm, check your email.

The simple fact is that GFK, your game never sold anything, we pushed it but it never really got anywhere - we tried, it didn't work - sorry. That's the nature of the business.

The Future Character Essentials has only ever sold 3 copies, that's less than our minimum for issuing a payment so you've not been paid. If you check your email our situation is explained to you. Thanks for posting here though, we've spent thousands setting up Binary People and have been worked on this for about 2 years now only to have a post like this after we try to please developers who may not have a chance of getting their games out elsewhere.

Cronos(Posted 2003) [#13]
I apologize if I offended somebody with this post

GfK(Posted 2003) [#14]
<snip> O.T.

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#15]
Whoah, wayyy off topic.. Can we start this one over again Mod?

Sorry, but with all the bad blood around here this sort of thing doesnt need to be on a this board? It should be a private discussion between the concerned parties.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#16]
Sorry, but with all the bad blood around here this sort of thing doesnt need to be on a publicly viewed board?
True but it seems the only way to get through to some people.
Whoah, wayyy off topic.. Can we start this one over again Mod?
Agreed.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2003) [#17]
It seems to me that this has been a long running issue between dan and GFK.

After all that you have sent im supprised you got nothing back. I always get a reply.

Im wondering if you ever tried to contact him on their IRC channel which might I add he sits in 24/7 // and if you really wanted to talk with him but didnt want to call him then im wondering if you even botherd to try and contact him via this channel ??

#binarypeople on irc.blitzed.net could be .org

Anyway I suggest you sit down take a deep breath and join the channel and talk to him about this. cos your not gona do anyone any good airing it out here. Im sure your thinking that you also may do dan and BP some damage by telling the public about your hard done to self.

But your only letting people know just what type of person you are.

just for the record I deal with dan a lot and I have no complaints..

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#18]
You don't do business in IRC channels.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#19]
You don't do business in IRC channels.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#20]
I disagree, you can do business on IRC as well as on the phone. But, recognise the limits of the medium.

I know that BinaryPeople have been very busy lately, this might explain the lack of response to e-mails.

But, lack of sales and little response to e-mails are no grounds to shout "fraud".

I've also seen people shout about Idigicon many times on these boards because they didn't reply to e-mails quickly enough. You should merely take a lack of response to e-mails as either:

a) too busy
b) not interested

..either way, the best thing to do is relax, get on with your life, and explore other avenues.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#21]
LOL that's very true, nobody does. That said, as we have already stopped doing business with GFK I'm sure it would be ok.

The IRC channel is as good as any electronic means for answering questions quickly. A lot of developers that want to find out more stop in there to get the low-down from us before they inquire via email. IRC is a perfect choice for our developers and testers to hang out together and share resources quickly via DCC etc. We've also found it useful for anyone who wants to see what we're all about. After all we're all pulling together as a team, well - most of us anyway. ;)

ckob(Posted 2003) [#22]
Ok I felt this was my time to step from the dark corner I hide in.

Gfk: Your game didn't sell any copies well we pushed it every way possible its even in "101 pc games" magizine and plastered all over the internet what more could we do besides stand on street corners passing out copies.

People: We are a professional and friendly company with goals to help the independent developer not milk them. The future character model pack has sold 3 copies not because of lack of advertising or actual quality of the product but because its really only for a limited group of developers not everyone wants futuristic characters. With all that aside I on behalf of BinaryPeople would like to welcome anyone who is thinking or looking to publish their game and will answer any questions they have be it on mIRC or through emails.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#23]
Gfk: Your game didn't sell any copies well we pushed it every way possible its even in "101 pc games" magizine (sic) and plastered all over the internet what more could we do besides stand on street corners passing out copies.
How many more times?!! I'm not pissed off with you because you couldn't sell it - I'm pissed off because you never reply to e-mails and Dan's mobile is always off when I tried to phone it! Understand!?

Anyway, as Beeps said - we have no 'business arrangement' any longer, so that's an end to it as far as I'm concerned.

Back to the topic...

sswift(Posted 2003) [#24]
I'd like to see this game of GFK's.

"Anyway I suggest you sit down take a deep breath and join the channel and talk to him about this."

Well the posts said they did try to talk to him and he didn't answer his emails. They shouldn't have to hunt him down to get an answer. Of course, there could be any number of reasons why the emails went unanswered. For example, an anti-spam system could have improperly filtered the emails. Though I don't think anyone doing buisness should be using filters which could lose important emails. It's not that difficult to sift through spam and I get over 30 a day.

Anyway, besides the whole email thing I don't see any wrongdoing here. From what he's said, it sounds to me like he had a perfectly legitimate reason not to pay anything to either of them yet, assuming he's being truthful.

It also doesn't surprise me that Cronos's character hasn't been selling. It's not exactly the sort of model which would fit in a wide range of games, being that it looks so unique. And, as there's only one guy, you'd need to go to someone else to get the rest you need for your game.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#25]
*pimp* GFKs game is here... http://www.zen25150.zen.co.uk/downloads.htm#Blox

Anyway, Military Essentials is out and we're very happy with it - if you need military dudes you should check it out ;)

sswift(Posted 2003) [#26]
Beeps:
Nice link, but the whole site is 404. :-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#27]
Yes, how about to release a game named "404 Not Found" - Websites all around the world will push it - for free!

My opinion about that Military essentials content: the Models look a bit misproportioned. They all could count as the real slim Shady. So you might add a "fat boy" modifier in milkshape. What is the polycount without guns?

The Pro is: All animations but Running are looking pretty good.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#28]
hmmmm well it was there when I dug the link out of the web, www.binaryzoo.co.uk but it seems that the whole site has gone down for an update in the last couple of hours, how odd. The demo is still on our site as the contract has yet to expire - www.shareware.tv/downloads/demo/bloxdemo.exe but this will be a dead link as well after 20th September so get your skates on!!!!

JFK: The polycount without guns is around 1,600.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#29]
FYI, My post of 7 hours ago involved me browsing to your site and cutting and pasting the link in to the forum post, the site was FULLY active at that time. ;)

GfK(Posted 2003) [#30]
FYI, My post of 7 hours ago involved me browsing to your site and cutting and pasting the link in to the forum post, the site was FULLY active at that time.
FFS...

In case anyone else wishes to be pedantic - my site's been down since approximately 20:30GMT, 27th August 2003.

Shame you don't have anything better to do, Beeps.

I'm done in this thread.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#31]
<snip> :P

pepsc(Posted 2003) [#32]
have not received my military essentials disk yet can u tell me how long it takes i would have rather downed it been on hols for a week looking forward to getting back and having a look but no sign getting a bit peeved.

pepsc(Posted 2003) [#33]
thank u for ur quick reply but im now getting :-
Your key is no longer valid!
Please contact us at support@....

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#34]
I just ordered and downloaded this set, and everything went fine. The models and animations look decent, though not outstanding. However, there are a *lot* of them and they're only $15, so I'm well pleased. I've been wanting a boned model with a decent set of animations for a while, and these look like they'll fill the bill nicely.

Any concerns I have about quality, I'll be able to fix myself (it's a *lot* easier to tweak a model or animation than having to start from scratch - there's no way that I could have produced this set myself). Until then, these will work great as placeholders as they are - jump-starting my project.

Supplying everything in .b3d, .md2, .ms3d, and .x formats is a very nice touch, allowing anyone to use the format they prefer. Combining all the info into one .html file is also handy, as is the inclusion of the example .bb file. Thanks to Brandon Forrester for creating this set and to Binary-People for making all this available for such a low price! (I don't personally know either, but I'm glad to finally have a decent set of licensed models to use - I was part of Halo's human figure buying group and was disappointed when that fell through due to people not making promised payments, but this looks like a pretty good substitute.)

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#35]
Supplying everything in .b3d, .md2, .ms3d, and .x formats is a very nice touch, allowing anyone to use the format they prefer.

WendelM - sounds like a comprehensive package alright.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#36]
pepsc, are you still having trouble? I checked that link I emailed you personally and it worked fine. If you're still having problems I can set you up a personal FTP account as per my last email - just let me know via email and I'll sort it for you.

pepsc(Posted 2003) [#37]
sorry beeps still no luck i sent an email to support@... still waiting for matter to be resolved
can u sort situation please.

cermit(Posted 2003) [#38]
@Beeps: Is there any snipers in this model pack too?

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#39]
What weapons are included, just the machine gun and bazooka?

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#40]
The four weapons included are shown in the illustration above: assault rifle, RPG launcher, pistol, and knife.

My first use of the package didn't involve any weapons, though: I put together a scripted 45-second "realtime movie" in Blitz that shows a soldier (retextured as a civilian) walk from one room into another to buy from a snack machine, realize that he has no money, beat on the machine in frustration, then pass out from hunger <g>.

pepsc(Posted 2003) [#41]
still waiting for millitery essentials 2 weeks past getting fed up now

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#42]
hmmmm, I don't check these forums as often as I should. I hadn't heard anything so thought it was resolved.

I'll get another email link to you now.

No snipers in this pack although I guess you'd just need another gun really ;)

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#43]
OK, pepsc, I've mailed you another Share*It link. email me if you have any trouble this time.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#44]
@Beeps - I've e-mailed you a bunch of times recently about something VERY important. For now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and attribute your lack of response to an e-mail problem.

As I have no other way of getting hold of you I though I'd try here.

Please contact me if you see this message - I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#45]
Skitchy, have you tried the #binarypeople IRC Channel. I have just sent beeps a Private message that you are trying to get hold of him on there.

I think you can go to http://www.blitzed.org and use the Java chat client to join the channel there.

From that you can start a private coverstation with people.

ckob(Posted 2003) [#46]
Skitchy: We're always in the irc channel bud and we are moving over to a new web server so our email server has been down on and off which might explain the lack of response. Feel free to come to the channel and talk to myself or beeps

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#47]
Skitchy, all sorted - check your email ;)

GfK(Posted 2003) [#48]
While we're on the subject (again), Beeps, I've e-mailed you FIVE TIMES now dating back to the end of July asking for you to send confirmation, in writing (i.e. by post), that our contract will be terminated from 20th September, as per the recorded delivery letter that was received by and signed for by you on 22nd July 2003.

You haven't replied to date, or done as I have (politely) asked and your ignorance and attitude is beginning to irritate me - not to mention the fact that I've recently been informed that you have been discussing this in detail with other (uninvolved) people on IRC. Are you going to blame your mail server for the whole two months of it?

Before anybody else jumps in - I do NOT conduct business on IRC, nor do I accept a post on this forum as "confirmation". I have asked for it in writing (NOT an e-mail!) and that is exactly what I would like at your earliest convenience. This is a contract issue and e-mail/IRC/forums are not sufficient. I need a written agreement with a signature on.

I fail to understand why such a simple task is proving to be so difficult for you, unless you're planning to continue selling it behind my back without permission. Your lack of cooperation here is leading me to no other conclusion.

Thanks.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#49]
Cheers Beeps. My problem has been sorted. It was just an e-mail thing. ;)
I'll have to get into IRC - never used it before. :)

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#50]
@ Skitchy - no probs

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#51]
@ GFK - after speaking with you IN IRC I'm very pleased this is all resolved, maybe now you can stop hijacking threads.