Contest - Pimp this weapon up!

Community Forums/Showcase/Contest - Pimp this weapon up!

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
Remember the texture contest we did a while back, where the image just kept getting cooler and cooler? Let's try it with this model. I suck at this kind of modeling, so I am just going to give it to the community to play with. The original model, and any modified version, automatically become the property of the Blitz community to use for anything.

http://www.leadwerks.com/pulserifle.zip

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2003) [#2]
Ohhhps ... only max format !?

Any chance for the poor people around here?
(3DS,X,B3d,mqo)

Bolo Loco

ErikT(Posted 2003) [#3]
Yeah.., post it in 3ds, obj and/or X format. Anyone can load those.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#4]
Allrighty, I will do one version... any rules like max polygons allowed...? And is this supposed to be 1st person stuff? And I guess it should also resemble the original weapon in design/style and "weapon type" too?

GfK(Posted 2003) [#5]
With this and your texture competition, are you secretly trying to get us to provide all of your game media for free?? ;)

(joking, of course).

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#6]
Actually just want to see how good people here are. That texture thing we did a while back was really cool.

NTense(Posted 2003) [#7]
Drop it to a .obj, .dxf, or 3ds file for those of us with "lesser" tools, and I'll give it a wack! ;-)

dangerdave(Posted 2003) [#8]
.obj file is not from a 'lesser' tool, its a better tool.
Pimp up the file format and then we can pimp up the weapon.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#9]
Allrighty, I made few model format conversions so that other ppl too than those with MAX can also join the fun. I loaded the model to MAX and exported it out to .3DS... then I loaded that .3DS to LW and exporter / saved it out as .lwo, .obj and .x (DX7).

Halos .zip does NOT have the four texture bitmaps it wants, so... (why four? One surface would have been 4X more efficient...)

The gun was HUGE when I imported the .3DS to the LW, so I downscaled it so that it is now (.lwo, .x, .obj) 1m long (same size as M16). The gun has 348 (tripled) polygons which is IMO quite little if this meant to be FPS game gun, so I will use more than that for sure.

Looks like this in the LW:

And here's the .zip that has all the converted models:

http://www.caffeineoverdose.net/zips/pulserifle2.zip

Have fun!