Criticism needed for early weapon model

Community Forums/Showcase/Criticism needed for early weapon model

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
I felt this turn out much better than any of my previous attempts. There are still some details that need to be added, like a trigger.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Updated, with some texturing:

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks ok. A bit square though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
how do you hold it? pls a pic with a hand or char

Winnebag0(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yes, and how do you fire? Maybe some sights too. Either way i like the design, its unconventional

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#6]
To me, the overall look is good, but I have concerns about center of gravity compared to arm reach. It looks like most of the mass is pretty far forward, while the likely handgrip/trigger location would be closer to the stock. That would maybe make the weapon rather nose-heavy.

For functionality, I'd be tempted to yaw the main body (between the stock and the yellow-striped muzzle gap) 180 degrees and drop the muzzle (and/or make it a bit smaller) to match. That would keep the nifty design look while making the balance better.

Just my 2 centavos,

poopla(Posted 2003) [#7]
Looks good, a bit more slender of an end might serve it well tho. Just my 2 cents though.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#8]
As dev says, the muzzle needs to be much smaller. Also, the textures don't fit the gun - it looks like it is made out of concrete.

JustLuke(Posted 2003) [#9]
Is it for a first person shooter? If so then you should consider the viewing angle. Imagine that the gun was held in your hands and you were looking down at it... It looks far better from the side than it does from the top, and yet the in-game view of it will be mostly top down.

Plus - as others have already said - how do you hold and fire it?

Basically, it's a good start but I think that it could do with a bit of a rethink. Ditch the texture though, it doesn't suite the model.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#10]
"There are still some details that need to be added, like a trigger. "

"Plus - as others have already said - how do you hold and fire it? "

im guessing he's yet to add those parts.

JustLuke(Posted 2003) [#11]
Ok, so ignore that bit... :)

You know, if you put a spring on the tip of the gun it would look like a futuristic pogo stick that is laying on it's side.

Only joking Halo! I reckon it will turn out to be a pretty groovy weapon with a few alterations and additions.

Zmatrix(Posted 2003) [#12]
looks good Halo,

AC=(auto C.A.R)?

Well it has sites on it, least is looks that way to me. :)

I see the shoulder rest and the hand rest, im guessing the other hand would rest upon the bottom ridge.
(like a pump shotgun)

Zmatrix

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#13]
two hundred and twelve years from now, weapons won't ever miss... humans have been taken out of the firing solution equation, they only need to identify the target to the weapon...

if this is some sorta weapon from the future, it won't need to be aimed... juspt pointed in the general direction of the target... and the weapon will most likely tell you what you need to do in order to put it in optimum firing position... once it knows what or who the target is.

... so you won't need a trigger, or a gunsight, just a way to let the weapon know what or who is the target.

also, there will be two general types of weapons... hi energy, charged particle phased and unphased projectors...

... and high velocity smart projectile launchers.

the cost of the shells or the energy generation in both time, money, and physical limitation will make the need for these weapons to be super accurate...

... that's why the person aiming the gun has been largely removed fro the loop...

... take it from there :)

--Mike
--Mike

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#14]
You might take a look on the heckler&koch M29, which the us army is testing atm. - it might give you some ideas and a reference to real usability.
http://labyrinth.sof2files.com/m29.htm
http://www.sistemasdearmas.hpg.ig.com.br/sofsabr.html