IR+ engine progressing...

Community Forums/Showcase/IR+ engine progressing...

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#1]
demo coming soon...
here's pictures of what I've been working on...

iRIGID+ (yet another improved version of my rigidbody engine)

+ very complex objects... finally got it stable
+ very complex scenario
+ very easy to use and fast collide-point editor
+ more realistic friction and bounce modelling
+ more stable

some random objects...

and some psycho bunnies ;)

picture of the collisionpoint editor

HNPhan(Posted 2003) [#2]
oh nice, is this gonna be $$ to use or freeware?
Id love to test drive it :D

Vorderman(Posted 2003) [#3]
I see what you're doing Bouncer - trying to better my superb ODE bowling demo eh? :)

Looks excellent - can't wait for a demo. Or a free lib..???

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#4]
I'm thinking of releasing it as a lib. Just wouldn't want to give a way my secret code ;) If there was some way to get it in a dll then I would release it... too bad blitz cannot compile dll's.

And I'm going to make a game using that engine... maybe ;)

RexRhino(Posted 2003) [#5]
So, how easy would it be to implement ragdoll physics with it? It might be fun to make a "bowling" type game with it... but instead of bowling, you would use a catapault to launch ragdoll humans towards walls and structures made of rigid collision blocks.

Throw in some sadistic screaming and blood clounds from the ragdoll, and some nice crashing sounds as the bricks come tumbling down, and I think I would have a hit on my hands.

Throw in an easy skinning system, so people could throw their favorite pop-stars, world leaders, etc., into the wall, and it would be a cult favorite for generations!

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#6]
That's a great idea for a little game...

It would be easy to create, but I don't think it would be as nice in 2d as it would be in 3d.

Have you played porrasturvat (stair dismount) or rekkaturvat (truck dismount)??? They are kind of like your idea...
Some fun to play with ---> http://jet.ro/dismount/