Animated Human Character Model REALLY Ready Now.

Community Forums/Showcase/Animated Human Character Model REALLY Ready Now.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
===================================================
NOTICE

This project has been terminated due to lack of interest.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#2]
How much do you want per person?

simonh(Posted 2003) [#3]
$40, judging by the URL. Is it the same one as was shown before halo - the bald guy?

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#4]
I've just Paypal-ed you, halo.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#5]
This is actually the first boned model I have seen running around in Blitz.

SopiSoft(Posted 2003) [#6]
I use a boned bug model with animation in .b3d format too, in my game: "Pea-Guy: Defeating Dr.Robotica", which is published by Astral Entertainment.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#7]
This is nicely animated but the normals are totally screwed up on my pc.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#8]
It jerks at the end - I think the first frame and the last are the same which is causing a pause, just dont play the last frame.

Very nice though.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#9]
im already using boned high poly models :)

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#10]
If that's so, it should be easy to delete that last frame.

Payments are starting to come in. We have $320 to go, so now's the time to act. If enough people contribute, it will be pretty close to free for everybody.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#11]
"It jerks at the end - I think the first frame and the last are the same which is causing a pause, just dont play the last frame. "

that's how i animate, that's how it should be done otherwise the last frame would snap to the first frame, right?

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#12]
Sinu - depends how many frames you are using. If the animation is across 10 frames then 2 frames the same will be very noticable. If the frame is spread over 100 frames for example then it wouldn't really notice.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#13]
halo - will this offer expire, or can it wait till people have spare cash?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#14]
It's now or never. If you don't get in on it initially, I don't want to deal with selling the model, and then recompensating everyone who put in initially, so you'll just never get it if you're late.

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#15]
So what you are saying is that even though everyone who puts an equal amount of money into the model, you will have the right to make decisions based on what happens with the model in the future? What if someone else wants to sell who put money into it. What if alot of the poeple who put money into it would like to sell and distribute? I considered investing. But not if my money doesnt give me equal rights to model.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#16]
No one will sell it. We all have equal rights...we can't sell it. This isn't a money-maker.

It should be clear, but in case it's not, I am not making a dime off this.

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#17]
I hope it works well for everyone involved, but I think I will pass.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#18]
"No one will sell it. We all have equal rights...we can't sell it. This isn't a money-maker.

It should be clear, but in case it's not, I am not making a dime off this. "

that's how it works, the agreement usually has something like this "this model may be used in commercial, non-commercial projects but cannot be sold seperately or in part of a set."

stops people selling other artists work.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#19]
He's pretty freakin' cool. Movable jaw, eyes, even eyelids that can blink.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#20]
If it's $40 per person what happens if 200 people pay? how do we know how much has been paid to you for this model?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#21]
I assume everyone who goes in on it is going to post something here. I'm hardly out to trick anyone so that I can make an extra $40. If you really want, I can post a copy of the PayPal account this is being collected in, and a list of people who paid.

Right now we're at something like $160, including my share. A lot of people said they were willing to go in on this before, more than enough, so hopefully they'll see this soon.

Beeps(Posted 2003) [#22]
assuming 200 people pay you that's 200 * $40 = $8,000 not $40 as you say, so it's no trifling matter. How are you going to post the paypal account? Doesn't that have your creditcard/bank details in it? Also if the model is costing you $400 what happens if more than 10 people contribute $40? where does the profit go? are you going to refund the difference?

I'm not taking a pop but these are my concerns, that said, I am interested in contributing so I can use the model in my own projects but this issue would need to be resolved first.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#23]
Once ten people are in, it's closed and no longer available.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#24]
sorry to piss on anyones chips, but that model in the screeny is not worth 400 dollars. The face is awful.the chin looks like a potato. if it was an effort by an amateur I wouldn't be so critical, but its not and people will be paying for it.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#25]
that's been pointed out before, it's the animations that seem top notch and what is worth the money.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#26]
How are you going to post the paypal account? Doesn't that have your creditcard/bank details in it?

No, it doesn't. You don't get anyone else's information ( obviously ) and displaying your own while you're just casually using it would be a massive security hole.

AL(Posted 2003) [#27]
Halo, are you saying no one will be able to purchase it at all after 10 more people have chipped in?

I haven't any use for it at the moment, but i would definately have been interested in paying for it in the future when the need arises.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#28]
well , perhaps the animations are top notch, but if you are a non artist , how are you going to get the model fixed. The whole idea its seems is to have something that is ready to use. in any case you can't just have a default character that wll suit all projects, you always have to do tweaking,additions etc to make it unique. I just can't see how this is worth the money. But that's just my opinion

Smurfpuss(Posted 2003) [#29]
what is the poly count

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#30]
One in 1800 polys and another version of about 3800.

Ruz, this isn't a place for criticism. No one is forcing you to take part.

Al, it's now or never. I'm not going to try to run a business with this.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#31]
I don't agree Halo, I am 3d modeller and character artist and if you are offering stuff for sale , then it should be top notch.
A forum is the place for criticism/opinions I think. There are so many good character artists out there who would probably charge less and do a better job.
I am just pointing out to people that the model I saw is not of a good standard.

N(Posted 2003) [#32]
No offense, but certainly this fellow could have a better texture, because judging by the texture on that shot, it's really very poor. I do hope the UV mapping isn't as low quality. As for the mesh, it seems as if the eyes are coming out of their sockets. I'd say you're being overcharged a bit for this model. With a good texture I'd say the price is justified. But, now that I've said my opinion, I'll bugger off since I've no business with you. Hope the animations are good..

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#33]
Thanks, asshole.

The rendering in Unwrap3D has very strong mip-mapping. The texture is actually 512x512, but appears much smaller because of the texture blurring in the rendering.

I have returned payment to the one person who followed through with what they said they wanted to do. It's dead.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#34]
I am not an asshole, Just don't like people getting ripped off.Cut the aggressive crap.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#35]
Yeah, we don't want anything actually getting DONE.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#36]
Ruz, your criticism of the model is pointless here because halo had earlier (and I mean months ago) gotten a group together to purchase this model. Now he's just trying to alert those people to send him their money. If you're not one of those people then this thread isn't really for you.

Halo, swearing at him was entirely uncalled for.

So when you say this is "dead" do you mean you won't be purchasing the model after all? In that case I feel sorry for the artist. I've had this happen to me a few times (do a whole bunch of work for a client but never get paid) and it really blows.

As for getting anything done, I'm still considering opening a low-pol 3D characters store but increasingly I'm doubting I'll get any further than planning.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#37]
i think i might start doing some modelling and animating for low poly character models and rpg stuff ie barrels, wells, trees, fences, houses etc but i can't do textures which would be a major stumbling block.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#38]
Ok, fair point, I just criticised what I saw. I'll keep my nose out in future.

ChrisM(Posted 2003) [#39]
Count me in on this if it's not dead!

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#40]
Chris, I have refunded your payment.

Kepu(Posted 2003) [#41]
Sorry, I don't really know what is happening here
Is this human model really ready (whole body ....)
I am to pay (I need your paypal address)..If model is then free for me to use where ever I want. And to others, I suppose everyone can change models texture, so everyone can be artist and if you can stand behind your criticism -show your talent, it easy to point others. Human face always really looks little bit like potato as well as it also acts same way (et. getting older.)

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#42]
Halo has changed the first post in this thread to read "This project has been terminated due to lack of interest" to reflect the current situation.

A while back, there was a lot of interest in this, and it seemed that gathering 10 payments of $40 was possible. But now, that doesn't seem possible. So, Halo has stopped collecting money and has refunded payments to those who did pay (such as me).

So, it seems that this model is no longer available for sale. I was interested in getting an animated human character, but with this one no longer available, I went with an alternative. For me, Binary People's Military Essentials (which is only $15) has served as a good substitute.

Kepu(Posted 2003) [#43]
Too bad.! and thanks for your reply.
Maybe I am forced to continue create my own ,I have male already (almost finished - never satisfied), and now I am making female. Those are coded meshes in blitzbasic --(you read write)- not made in any ready made programs ( I couldn't find any with my wallet (empty?)). Those in Binary..military.. are fantastic, (maybe I'll purchase it), but I am trying to crete something little bit less agressive models. I have big family and working hard so I am coding only nightime if I am not too tired. I have project with my son he is mostly drawing and I am coding.