BlitzUI: Input problem

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzUI: Input problem

poopla(Posted 2003) [#1]
I appear to be interrupting BUI's text input on text boxes etc. Care to shed some light on how your doing it, and what to avoid so I can fix my code accordingly?

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#2]
BlitzUI only uses GetKey() to find out what keys have been pressed... without seeing your code I don't know what could be causing it. Are you using Blitz+?

poopla(Posted 2003) [#3]
No sir, im using plain B3d, and am not using GetKey() anywhere(I dissabled some stuff to check that. It's really odd.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#4]
No worries, I accidentally had left some code active that was causing the problem. However, I do need to know where in the BUI include you are using getkey(), so I can replace it with a global variable that holds what GetKey() has returned each loop.

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#5]
It's near the bottom of UpdateTextBox()... it should be the only GetKey() in the entire library so just do a Find for it.

poopla(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks. It might be worth your while to make a constant CGetKey which always holds the current GetKey() return. Then people can just use that. Not that it isnt easy to modify ;). Thanks all the same.