Root screenshots

Community Forums/Showcase/Root screenshots

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#1]
I wish you could leave comments in the Gallery. Regarding the two screenshots of "Root," the "serious" look is much better. Frankly I'm not sure what you meant by "serious;" the main difference I see (and the big improvement) is the more normal lighting. The older screenshot has garish red lighting, like a cheesy disco nightclub. But the newer screenshot has better lighting.

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#2]
It looks quite nice. u have abit of a problem with different levels of details though.
Some textures are very sharp like the chair while some other things in the background are alil blurry.
I think you should try aim in a level in the middle hehe :)
Good luck!

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#3]
Hey guys :)

Thank you for taking the time to comment - REALLY appreciated from both of you :)
I agree about the lighting. I must admit to being new at all this lighting business, you have to make some stinkers to learn what *not* to do...I'm still learning tho day by day. It's great fun learning, just a little bit scary to look back sometimes at what you personally thought was good...when will it all end!

LOL @ cheesy disco nightclub

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
lol... yeah, I feel that all scenes need an ambient light for mood - this is a sort of overall wash,

a defined light for atmosphere, this is sunlight, torchlight, and a complimentary light. The complimentary light should be quite different to the above lights, experiment, but is for "rounding out" the shadows.

For example, boris vallejo will use green on skintones to accentuate flesh, don't be afraid of using a very soft weird light in dark places to give mood.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#5]
Cool - cheers Rob, I'll give that a go

pemaden25(Posted 2003) [#6]
Tha picture just looks amazing!..Can't wait to see the final product.

Algo(Posted 2003) [#7]
Hey Ravey, just thought you might be interested.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theroots/news_6072881.html

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#8]
pemaden25: Thanks, nice of you to say :)

ALG: Noooo! Look like I'll have to do something about my game... Root Legends: Turnips of Peril - wot u think?

Algo(Posted 2003) [#9]
It's alright but I think it should have the word 'Groovy' in there somewhere.

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#10]
Yes, nice name. Or:

Root of the Turnip
King of the Root
Root to Hell
Tina Turnip
Way of the Root
Root Quest
Root it Out Baby
Turnip Adventure
The Telling Tale of the Tantalizing Turnip

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#11]
"The Telling Tale of the Tantalizing Turnip" it is then LOL!

"Root to Hell" - nice one.

Root of all evil?

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#12]
The Root Baron
Ro0t Ro0t!
The Mystery of Bigroot

Or something starting with "Quest for..." or "Search for...".

Like: Hunt for the Red Turnip

Ok just kidding...

Turnip Time
Root of the Realm

Well all of these ideas are a bit lame perhaps... hahaha! hahahaaaaargh....

Return of the Turnip

Maybe the name does not have to include Turnip or Root. By the way are you seriously looking for a new name? ;) After all, "Roots" is not the same as "Root". Ok they're almost the same.

Ruler of the Root
The Last Turnip
Turn Up the Turnip
Take the Last Turnip Left

Rob(Posted 2003) [#13]
Root needs a series :)

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#14]
heheh

Legend of Root:
Rootirina of Time

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#15]
Call it "Root Beer" and make it a game about anthromorphized turnips getting drunk.

Angel(Posted 2003) [#16]
Root of the Realm sounds neat.

Root of all evil...well howsabout calling it something else, but then have this big twist to where the Root is THE Root...as in the root of all evil...or something to that effect. Would be quite a plot twist. Could also be root of something else (human soul, destiny, who knows?) And it doesn't have to be the same root that he's looking for, but still use that play on words somehow, that would make it interesting. I dunno. Just some thoughtless suggestions.

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#17]
Robin Root
Rootin' Tootin' (but that is already used for a c64 game)
In the Mood for Root
Rootland
Root 66
Quest for the Square Root

These names are just for fun...