Snip snip!

Community Forums/Showcase/Snip snip!

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#1]
Here's an early look at the main character for a game I've just started making. Provisionally titled 'Paper Cut', its likely that this game will feature origami enemies, dramatic lighting, and a very long gestation period. ;)

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
Hopefully your game will be better than "Pencil Whipped," the IGF game made with Pie-in-the-Sky.

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#3]
I hope so too. :)

Dave(Posted 2003) [#4]
rofl liking it joe :)

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#5]
Will the enemies be ranked accoring to paper size? Like the first boss would be the A5 killer wasp, and later on we would meet the dreaded A0 T-Rex! And will it be a 3D or 2D game? I am guessing 3D. A 2D game with graphics like the above would also be nice though!

Ice9(Posted 2003) [#6]
snip snip .... Vasectomy??

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#7]
Has great potential. GO JOE!

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#8]
Will the enemies be ranked accoring to paper size?

Thats not a bad idea! But what about the old imperial sizes? Think of 'Emperor', 'Grand Eagle' or 'Double Elephant' as enemies. :)

And will it be a 3D or 2D game?

Two-and-a-half-D. I'm dreading endless comparisons to 'Viewtiful Joe' when people see it moving. But my original point of reference was actually the paper cut-out style which Ivor Wood used in the Paddington Bear animated series shown on the BBC in the late '70s. Mixed with a little of the Brothers Quay. And its not going to be all black and white btw.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer. ;)