That's a plush dragon! (3D)

Community Forums/Showcase/That's a plush dragon! (3D)

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#1]
It's "me" in 3D! (Early Alpha!)

Hopefully you like it?

P.S.:
I'm looking for people that would like to join my little team to work on a game with him. If you are interested, please drop me a line.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#2]
:) Cute!

GitTech(Posted 2003) [#3]
/me hugs dragon :P

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
That's a lot of polygons. How close will the camera be in-game? At this scale that's an appropriate number of polygons but if the character is small onscreen you should reduce the polygon count.

Dave(Posted 2003) [#5]
excellent work! Nice Mario64 style adapted.

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks!!!

Hopefully my game will be much better than that! :o)

Bodo Loco does the 3D Art for it.
Atm we are thinking out to get Grisu a mouth so that he can
spit a fire flame. -

Tne polygoncount might become a problem, but I need make some tests...

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#7]
Atm we are thinking out to get Grisu a mouth so that he can spit a fire flame.

Why not let him breathe fire through his nostrils so that you don't have to mess with the model?

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#8]
Or give him a flamethrower. ;) It looks nice.

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#9]
lol @ Foppy. A dragon with a flamethrower would be superb! Go for it Grisu. Or has it been done before?

Seems like you're full of good ideas tonight Foppy.

EviLToYLeT(Posted 2003) [#10]
oooo, can i join?

MutteringGoblin(Posted 2003) [#11]
It's adorable :) I want one!!!

mearrin69(Posted 2003) [#12]
Nice model Grisu. Agree that the polycount might be high...but maybe you can LOD it and use this one for in-game cut-scenes, if you plan any. I think the flamethrower idea is class - maybe get you away from the Spiro thing. Hmmm...you can have upgrades to it too if that works for your game design.
M

Hotcakes(Posted 2003) [#13]
Pleeease don't do a platformer. There are enuff Croc/Spiro/Mario type games as it is =]

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#14]
Yeah. Make it a FPS instead.

I'm kidding. I like platformers myself, and we don't have many in blitz, or on the PC for that matter.

Looking good there Grisu - but why not make the eyes as in the sig - black spots, with eyebrows and expressive lines around 'em and such?

Scott Williams(Posted 2003) [#15]
Very nice. Reminds me of 'Croc' from Argonaut. I converted it from the psx to the pc a few years ago. Fond memories, ahh.

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#16]
Great looking dragon grisu, I foresee a dancing grisu MP3 Jukebox/Screensaver.

:)

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#17]
I agree with the flacky fella - make the 3d Grisu (who is looking rather plush i might add!) have the same eyes and brow as the sig - there is that little extra cuteness there in the sig....go on....do it!

Rob(Posted 2003) [#18]
I agree, the sig one is sweeter

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#19]
Save Polygons...

flames could come from the nasal passages! (ie his nose).

IPete2.

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#20]
Thank you all for the constructive comments!

The Dragon now has black eyes and eyebrows.

As for the Flamethrower. We decided to leave that aside, cause its to military. -
We'll take the fire breath through nouse variante instead.

I will not try to give to much hints, this push drag will get firefighter equipment to make his way through big flames... :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#21]
Personally I'd strip some polys out of the main model and put some around the eyes to give them more definition. Looks really good though, nice and cutsie!

Tricky(Posted 2003) [#22]
A very cute dragon I'd say...

Let's see what the end resul will be? ^_^