Html Table Ripper

Community Forums/Showcase/Html Table Ripper

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#1]
I was creating a quick tool to create html tables last night. I considered trying to add nested tables but this seemed like a lot of work. But I sort of found a easier solution and added a feature to strip existing webpages of their table data. The result is very nice.

Download HtmlTableRipper(exe)

Sourcecode is on my webpage.

Warren(Posted 2003) [#2]
So ... what does it do again?

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#3]
It is a tool for webbuilders.

The tool is just like a modripper, but this one rips website tables. Just Copy/Paste a html file and the tool creates a new html file with only the tables while leaving every table setting intact. Adding some info at every table header and setting the border tag to 1 so everything becomes visible.

Tables are a powerfull tool for creating websites. A lot of sites only use tables to build the layout of the webpage.

It is a nice and easy way to study how other people make their pages. At least I am suprised at how some pages are build.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#4]
I'd be interested in seeing the code for this. Mainly the text parsing stuff, since I want to do something kind of similar.

"Tables are a powerfull tool for creating websites. A lot of sites only use tables to build the layout of the webpage."

Very true - although nowadays more and more sites are being designed with pure css which means no tables. From now on all my websites will use primarily css with only a few tables to hold things in place (until all browsers support css properly).

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#5]
Doh... Just re-read your first post (source code on my web page) - I'm on my way :)

Techlord(Posted 2003) [#6]
Nebula,

Very cool utility. Good Job!

TL