UPX Protect....

Community Forums/Showcase/UPX Protect....

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#1]
Anti-Decompress Patch UPX v1.90. It's only been tested with Upx v1.90 compressed files and it works. I hope it does so for you....

download

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#2]
I seento remember ppl haveing some interest in this. It suppriizes me that i got no replies...

dan_upright(Posted 2003) [#3]
what's it do exactly?

dirkduck(Posted 2003) [#4]
Hey, I havn't tried it out, but it should be useful! One thing, when I open the RAR file it tells me " The Upx Patch header is corrupt". The exe opened OK, so it might be some RAR warning.

dirkduck(Posted 2003) [#5]
dan - I believe that it taked a UPX compressed file, and makes it so that it can't be decompressed with UPX, which you may want for 'security' reasons or whatever else. I'm basing that on the title though, so I could be wrong.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#6]
@All I Proposed this patch a while back and well here the short version. A program that patches any upx compressed file so that it can't be decompressed. In case you don't know what upx is. Upx is an exe compression tool. It compresses any executable and shortens most blitz compiled exe's by half....

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#7]
Nice one - prevents ppl from back-ingeneering and ripping stuff or patching a bb exe.

wedoe(Posted 2003) [#8]
Handy :)