Angry Tanks Menu

Community Forums/Showcase/Angry Tanks Menu

sswift(Posted 2003) [#1]
Once again, I have updated my logo, and I have created a main menu around it.

Note that the background will turn slowly in the game, and the menu options will get bigger and make a sound when you mouse over each one. The options and ordering screens will use a similar background of a different color, with the center offset to one side instead of where it is now behind the logo.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#2]
Yes, it's a bit large.

[edit]
Ah. That's better.
[/edit]

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#3]
ooher...

Winnebag0(Posted 2003) [#4]
Perhaps you could make it so that the tracks appear to be moving? Just a thought. Looks very nice either way. I like it!

sswift(Posted 2003) [#5]
You say you want some revolution? Well, I'm telling you no. We all want to change the world!

simonh(Posted 2003) [#6]
I like what I am seeing with this game. Keep it up.

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#7]
I love your style! No need to change!

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#8]
The only obvious improvement I would make is to have a nice pair of breasts in the middle of the screen, but that may detract from the rest of the game! ;)

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#9]
Looks great, I would consider Dr Avs' suggestion though.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#10]
Lovely.

Cheers,

Ryan

Grisu(Posted 2003) [#11]
@Dr Av & Ravey:

This game is called "Angry Tanks" and not "Angry Chicks"! :o)

DarkNature(Posted 2003) [#12]
The new logo is a lot better than the other one. It certainly is angry looking.

Have fun.

JustLuke(Posted 2003) [#13]
It looks pretty nifty!

I don't know if the menus feature any animation, but I think it would look pretty groovy if the red and orange "beams" slowly rotated. Of course, it would hypnotise anyone who stared at it for too long, but that would be a good thing. Especially if you coupled it with a few nifty subliminal messages such as:

"This game is great! I want to buy another copy."

and

"I am feeling generous today. I want to buy Angry Tanks for all of my friends and family. Even if they don't own PC's or like computer games."

superqix(Posted 2003) [#14]
How about some new in-game screens?

big10p(Posted 2003) [#15]
I see you did change the mouth shape - was that after all my nagging? lol.

Much better now, BTW. ;)

sswift(Posted 2003) [#16]
I only changed the mouth shape a tiny little bit to achieve that effect. It used to slant in on the top half as well.

I also changed the sides of the faces and the chin cause I had too many red triangles on the face making it too busy. And of course I added the black outlines. It was on a black background before.

"How about some new in-game screens?"

Maybe when I've actually changed what the in-game gameplay looks like. :-) It still looks pretty much the same as when I posted the last shots.

"I don't know if the menus feature any animation, but I think it would look pretty groovy if the red and orange "beams" slowly rotated."

Obvuiously SOMEONE didn't bother reading what I wrote before the image. :-)

JustLuke(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hey! I grew up playing computer games, my attention span is wrecked. Do you really think I'm going to waste time reading when I can just look at the pretty pictures?

It's your fault. If your screenshot was ugly and amaturish then maybe I would have read the text instead.

I've gotta say, Angry Tanks is the Blitz game that I am most looking forward to. I've been impressed with almost all of the sceenshots that I've seen so far, and I've had a soft spot for non-realistic tank games since I tested Wild Metal Country (I know, I know. You've never heard of it...) when I worked for Gremlin Interactive.

JoeGr(Posted 2003) [#18]
Looks good. There is still that slight suggestion of an Egyptian Pharaoh's head-dress though.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#19]
make the sun background stripes marquee animate as if color cycling. Make the tank in the middle vibrate every 30 seconds or so. Gives it life?