Absolute Zero

Community Forums/Showcase/Absolute Zero

Jager(Posted 2003) [#1]
Excellent game, good to see a quality professional game.

Pity about the story line though .. LOL! :)

PS, whatever happened to 1946, flight sim?

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks pretty cool but ultimately slow gameplay. I just kept spinning around, taking very occasional potshots at ships when they randomly happened across my field of vision.

Andy(Posted 2003) [#3]
Absolute Zero?

Andy

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#4]
Yup board me to tears, it looks good but I want a nice hud with usless info and bars that move and up and down for no reason. I guess i should give it another try but first impression was YAWN... Seen it before.

No offence to the AZ team, it just did grab me.

big10p(Posted 2003) [#5]
Absolute Zero - as in the chances of me making the 12.5MB download with my crappy 56K modem. lol.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think you should change thecamera. @ first it tought i could not accelerate but in fact it could you should create a firstperson camera or a 3rd personcamera and your current cam isn't third person. Either create a hud or use a 3rd person camera. You are currently using a ship from 3rd person view with a firstperson cam....

RetroBooster(Posted 2003) [#7]
Tnx for the comments:

jhocking:
Guess thats realy our fault for including 2 scout missions in the demo. They need some balancing as action is way more intense and straightforward in the fighter.

big10P:
When I get home from this vacation I'll post a 6-7 mb demo I couldn't access the data pak from here (to remove the unused stuff), I'll also swap one of the scout missions for a fighter mission and ease up on the darn camera :P

darklordz:
Yes, 3rd person cam needs a bit more flexibility, just a matter of changing the smoothness variable on it.

In general, lots more improvements and a far more sizeable campaign will follow in the gold remix of which I will definately release a bigger demo. All in all I'm pretty pleased with the full product especialy since we had 6 weeks to develop it from scratch.

Cheers,
Retro