Just rigged a model

Community Forums/Showcase/Just rigged a model

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#1]
This is my first attempt at rigging a model, it took several attempts to make sure you get all your bones in the right place, and enough of them to make it work right!

Oh, and I've reskinned and shifted a few verts around on this one to make it look better.

Anyway... I think I've cracked it now... So I've been having a go at posing the model... now "just" got to do animation.

simonh(Posted 2003) [#2]
Fantastic work Rob...

Klapster(Posted 2003) [#3]
That's looking really good!
Just one thing though, I'm not too sure about the lower legs/knee-caps, they look a little too thin (?) perhaps it's just me..

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks good. Her hips deform well even in extreme motions like that kick. I hope you aren't using blended vertex weights because that's a no-no in Blitz. What's this character for?

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#5]
No idea what blended vertex weights are... Just did it all in Milkshape (and lithupwrap)... It exported at b3d and imported into blitz okay... So I assume it's fine.

Thanks for the positive comments, I've just done a walk cycle... I think it looks a little robotic but my girlfriend says it looks fine!

Continuing to play!

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#6]
OOO nice one Av man

Tranz(Posted 2003) [#7]
If you're using milkshape there's no worrys about weighted vertices...as milkshape doesn't support them. Each vert is influenced by one bone.

So, you're ok there.

Nice model, btw!

I think the crotch area needs more of a 'V' shape...there should be more definition where the thighs meet the hips I think.

Just my thoughts, otherwise a fine work.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#8]
Well done. Beware of iron-cross-wearing gals beating you up. grin.