Even more tanks

Community Forums/Showcase/Even more tanks

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#1]
Another sneak peek at how my tank game is progressing. Still so much left to do.. soooo much.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks neat. The tank could use a shadow under it. And some hardware lights that affect the environment around the explosions would look cool.

I too am making a tank game, though yours looks realistic whereas mine looks like a cartoon and is unrealistic.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks pretty cool. I like all the effects, and that tank model is very good. I would agree about having a shadow; without any sort of shadow under the tank it looks like it is just floating onscreen.

swerdnik(Posted 2003) [#4]
Great to see old Amiga programmers coming back to roost! :-)

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looking good , keep it up!

Foppy(Posted 2003) [#6]
Those armor and time indicators are really good looking. And the empty shells and other things flying around. Like Max Payne in a tank. Aha that's what the time device is for! Seriously it looks stunning.

ckob(Posted 2003) [#7]
looks awesome, one question tho is that tank floating?

Robert(Posted 2003) [#8]
@Al Mackey

If it won't involve giving lots of secrets away - can I ask how you did your explosions? (they look very good :) )

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#9]
You know, I did try having a shadow originally, but it just didn't look right. But back then I had a crappy tank model, so perhaps I should try again now.

The explosions are made of a central expanding sphere and a bunch of tiny sprites controlled by a generic particle animation system. The weaponry is modular, with one blaster that you always have, plus one of many types you can pick up. So far there's the vulcan cannon, above, and the missile, here:

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#10]
Lots of action in those shots, enough explosions to satisfy everybody...

looking real good.

--Mike

Dave(Posted 2003) [#11]
really like the missile effect. Nice work on this game, look forward to playing this baby :-)