TTT , Can it be sold?

Community Forums/Showcase/TTT , Can it be sold?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#1]
Look this might sound lame but i realy need an answer on this. I just showed of a working demo of TTT to some friends and practicaly all of em asked me if i was gonna sell it. Now I was woundering for those who've seen the screenies, does it look like it's worth selling?

Im not looking for a lame answer like yes. I need to know from you if you think someone would buy it. Im aiming @ a kids market. Lil kids might play this right? (with their friends?)

This is my first REAL 3d project. I havent realy used B3d to it's potential ive fooled around a bit im serious about game dev and i hope this catches on....

Shagwana(Posted 2003) [#2]
To be honest, if you did sell it - I would't expect many sales!.

I bet there is better freeware version available else where. Maybe if sold as part of a bundle then theres a possible online future.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
It looks nice but that is not something people would buy. Maybe with a lot of additional work but not in the state shown in that screenshot.

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#4]
Personally, if I was putting up several games for sale I'd make this one a freebie to get people interested in the other games.

Good luck with it, whatever you do!

Cheers,

Ryan

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#5]
I doubt it. It depends on how "perfect" the AI plays the game. Some sort of adaptive AI might sell. Other than that I doubt you'll see much sales, unless it's part of a "Best of the Internet" type shareware collection. And you get a commision. Natch.

skn3(Posted 2003) [#6]
If it were in a pack of say 8 or so mini games, it might sell.

By itself, I personally wouldn't buy it.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#7]
Ok guys i got it now. So it'll only sell on a bundle. Ok great now how would one sutch as myself go about getting published?. (Not implying 'idigicon' by any means so don't bother). Im talking about the process. The way it all works. I ask a company to evaluate my ganme and if it's any good they give me a contract? who what where and how?...

robleong(Posted 2003) [#8]
You could combine this with your Classic Pong, add a few more similar games, and sell them as a package. How? Well, how about setting up your own website and selling it on the website as shareware? You could use a company such as BMT micro to deal with the credit card part of it. Then, you'll have to learn to market your website all over the web. It'll be more fun, but more demanding, than simply going to a publisher. If you prefer the latter, have you considered Binary People's www.shareware.tv ?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#9]
@robleong
Thanks for the advice. I own ceveral websites (devbin.com|balpoint.com...etc...) So i only need to market them. Hmmm i can imaginge it beeging very demanding. But is it worth the hassle?

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#10]
from the screenshots it would not sell, playability
who knows ? a download demo would probably help alot
since the screenshots don't really grab you ...

darklordz were you multitasking while typing the
previous post as your spelling is all funny ! - lol

S/D

robleong(Posted 2003) [#11]
Darklordz, I am thinking of selling my game as shareware, and I think it will be loads of fun, a learning experience, and certainly worth the hassle (for me). The game succeeds or flops entirely on your own marketing and programming efforts. By the way, Binary People is considering non-exclusivity too, so you could do it both ways. Good luck.

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#12]
@SunShine. Im always multitasking when im on the PC. Im always coding chartting, writing on this forum, klistenin to music. and watching telly. All that stuff... It sparks me...Anyways I was just about to upload the demo when i found out that the site was down due to maintinence.....

@Rob. Thanks for the Advice it's greatly apreciated....