new Chaos Moon stuff

Community Forums/Showcase/new Chaos Moon stuff

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#1]
Well I'm getting to grips with my world editor at the moment, but here's a piccy of two of the characters and an npc that have been created so far.

and now to work on the first level environment :)

poopla(Posted 2003) [#2]
I like this style ALOT! Reminds me of FF7 on steroids, and I doubt thats a coincident :). Big it up!

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#3]
WOW, your artist is excellent, great style, great character although the outfit on the right looks like it's out of place with the other 2 guys ie medieval, other 2 modern.

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#4]
it's not medieval it's a dress version of the soldier's outfit. :P

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
I thought "Chaos Moon" was a dead project. Not that I'm complaining, because the work looks really good, but I am confused. I could have sworn someone announced a couple months ago that the project was being abandoned.

Koriolis(Posted 2003) [#6]
I'm jealous...

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#7]
jhocking: yes it was in its previous form. But we decided that because we were so pleased with the story etc. and it was a shame to abandon it completely that we would make a lower poly simpler version, which is what we are doing. The original models were all 1500+ polys and needed realistic anims as they were more realistic characters so took about a month each to produce. These characters are sub 800 polys and can have more cartoony anims and only take a few days to produce.

There are only two of us working on the project, so it needed to be scaled down or abandoned. In the end, as I say, we went for scaling down :)

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#8]
WOHOOOOOOO

Total awesomeness :>

Snarty(Posted 2003) [#9]
ooo, Sexy as always Traci :)

PS: models aint bad either :P

AndyBoy_UK(Posted 2003) [#10]
lol @ Snarty.

Traci, good to see CM back on its feet. Looking forward to some more screenies :)

Good luck mate.

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#11]
cool that it's back !!! :)

Madcap13(Posted 2003) [#12]
kudos on yet more jealousy inducing models.
you're making me drool here.

Wiebo(Posted 2003) [#13]
Perseverance is the key! Well done.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#14]
"it's not medieval it's a dress version of the soldier's outfit. :P"

k, didn't realise. Are those anime style models of the original realistic models you were using?
By the way i love the cartoony textures, too many games are going for realistic looks when games in my opinion should be cartoony.

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#15]
yes two of them are based on the original models - Akira on the left and Masato on the right. The story and characters of the game are the same as they were going to be originally. All that's changing is the art stlye to make the project more managable.

Dock(Posted 2003) [#16]
I really admire this decision to downscale the graphics in order to make the project more managable. Project management is probably the thing most lacking in amateur games development, and to be willing to rethink the project from the ground up is an encouraging testiment to the project actually getting completed. ^_^ The models look great too, and I'm sure the game will work excellently. Good luck!

skn3(Posted 2003) [#17]
looks great. What happened to the hot chick as pictured in your sig?

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#18]
lol She will be in it, but is not needed yet, so hasn't been modelled.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#19]
Great looking stuff! Love the gun.

Kuri(Posted 2003) [#20]
Thanks for all the comments guys.

Pepsi(Posted 2003) [#21]
I dream of doing nice modelling and texturing like that. Very nice! :)

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#22]
this must be the most anticipated blitz release
of the decade ! :)

S/D

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#23]
"this must be the most anticipated blitz release
of the decade ! :) "

quite possibly, if you don't count updates :)

EviLToYLeT(Posted 2003) [#24]
i'll buy this game just for the art =)

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#25]
"i'll buy this game just for the art =) "

me too, it's what i'd expect characters from 2d rpg's to look like when brought to the 3d world.
The model quality isn't what really makes me think wow, it's the excellent texture work.

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#26]
sinu, how do you rate texture work ? is it seamlessness?
i was just wondering how you separate good to great
texturing work ...what do you look for in something
that's textured well ? ....

thanks
S/D

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#27]
i don't mean how the model is textured(mapping a model) but the quality of the texture(the actual texture), the detail of it is top notch, unless of course your artist is a pro, then it's ok :)

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#28]
thanks sinu ! :)

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#29]
"thanks sinu ! :) "

thanks for what?