Community Forums/Showcase/PacManiac Demo

kochOn(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi!

I have realized a clone of Pac-Mania for the Retro
Remake competition.
you can download the one level demo version at:

http://pageperso.aol.fr/kochonkichi/PacManiac

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
Now that takes me back. I remember playing Pac-Mania at an arcade back in Korea. It was tucked between a Gauntlet cabinet and some forgettable beat-em-up (maybe Robocop?)

I'll let you know what I think of your remake once I've played it (downloading now.)

ADDITION: I wish you had made it a single download, or at least mentioned somewhere that you need both parts to run the game. I downloaded part A, found it wouldn't run because it was only the exe without any graphics, and deleted it before I downloaded part B. I found part B is only the graphics without the exe so now I have to download part A again!

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks great. That reminds me, I haven't seen John Blythe in ages, and he was meant to be making a Pac Mania style game but it was called Munchies Attack Of The Tektrons. Looks like you beat him too it.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#4]
It's pretty good. My main complaint would be the controls, and even that is a relatively minor thing. Because everything is on diagonals it is weird at first. But if you just turn your keyboard 45 degrees the arrows match up.

kochOn(Posted 2003) [#5]
I can't upload files up to 1mo for each file ( Thanks AOL ),
so I have updated my Site with sentences explaining the way to extract files. : )

Thank You Joe!