DropSwap Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/DropSwap Demo

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#1]
A Lines Games
---------------

Just a little Bug bashing release, and I would like to know if there is a game already out that plays this way, I've looked but there are far too many to check by myself. The Gameplay is not original but I've tried to add a bit of tension by not giving the player full Control.

All the GFX need to be polished and I've got to use non-stolen 'Ahem' Music. :D And add the Menu System, Front End, HighScore etc.

Note: Ive not added any kind of timer or frame limiting code, it runs at a perfet speed on my 2.0Gig AMD, so some feed back on it being to slow or fast would be nice, I know that if I compile with B+ it runs about 10x faster, I put that down to a DD/DX issue.

I've included the source cus theres nothing much secret in this game and others might benefit.

What happens
----------------
The goal is to reach a Target score before the board fills up. You score by grouping 3 or more of the same color counters, they then get removed and any counters above them fall to fill the space.
You Drop counters down from the top of the board and a Row of counters slowly fills up at the bottom when this row is completed all the Board Counters Shift Up, As the game goes on the Faster the Counters at the bottom Fill Up.

BTW: Nothing happens if you reach the Target score or the Counters fill the Board... YET.

http://www.alphabreed.ukgamers.net/dropswap.zip

starfox(Posted 2003) [#2]
Nice, but I could never get to the second level.