Wandering Knights

Community Forums/Showcase/Wandering Knights

gosse(Posted 2003) [#1]
Wandering Knights is a RPG project I started in mid 2002, not a long while ago. It made a while since I wanted to create my own computer RPG, but was a bit afraid of undertaking such a huge project, especially since all the 3D stuff was new to me. This is where I started Nuclear Nibble 3D, got some experience, and finally undertook this project that is Wandering Knights. I also wanted to make Wandering Knights as unique as possible, with the less typical, clichés RPG aspects, giving out a weird hack and slash game.
Wandering Knights is based on a huge random and unique world, that is being created while you play. Wandering Knights starts when a deamon came from hell, terrorizing people out. You are a wandering knight, running in the wilds, and you now have to decide where you go, what you will do, etc. Will you go and hunt the devil, or simply run around the world, looking for oddities? In Wandering Knights, you are free to go and do as you please, the essence of a pure hack and slash game.

http://www.nuloen.com/wk.html

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks promising. Maybe you need a LOD for Chars when there are lots of ppl onscreen.

gosse(Posted 2003) [#3]
Wandering Knights 0.2.2 has been released! Head on to the website to grab it now! Thanks, see you guys around!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#4]
This is great Project! I like the Random Generation Philosophy as well as the superb Graphics and the story!

Did you already submit this to the News? (startpage)

gosse(Posted 2003) [#5]
Thanks for the comments jfk, good to know someone likes it ;) And yeah I did submit it, its there as of now ;)
For the next update I'm wondering if I should move the game real-time instead of turn-based. I'm also thinking about networking support. What you guys think?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#6]
Network Support is a nice Idea. Probably you need to think about an Advertisement Method to bring this Game to Players and not only to other Blitz Coders. I would also suggest to add more Buildings, especially some Things which are used exclusively by you. (The Houses by Psionic are well done, but also well known). Maybe it would make sense if we work together in content creation, I'll send you a mail.

gosse(Posted 2003) [#7]
Wandering Knights 0.3.0 Released!

Total Real-time Conversion!

October 10, 2003 *Beta 0.3.0 Release
-The game has been fully moved to REAL-TIME only, no more turn-based play
-Fixed a bug with NPCs not zoning out properly
-Restructured some of the zone generation and initialisation code
-Fixed some internal problems with the character screen
-Fixed a bug that gave an error and exited when you turned around
-The map can no longer overlay on the screen
-Fixed a bug that exited when you reloaded
-Fixed a few graphical bugs
-You now see the few last messages when you die
-Auto-target NPC when it is close and hostile feature added
-Keep dead NPCs bodies option
-Adjusted the shops model as they weren't centered
-Fixed some memory leaks
-NPCs clones no longer appear on map (this had been buggering me for a long time)
-You can no longer sell a weapon/armor to a shop and bring it to < 0 golds
-When you go on a potions buying frenzy and buy the last potion, the next item on the list will not be selected
-Fixed a bug that kept adding text when talking to a NPC
-Monsters are a bit weaker now
-Monsters generated are less powerful at start
-Made time go a bit faster during the nights so they appear to be less long
-Made a screen center point when on mouselook
-Fixed a bug with clicking on no NPCs and having the last targeted selected as the new target
-Fixed a few bugs that were present on 0.3.0 pre-release (w/ real-time implemented)
-The camera is now completely free, except for zone edges
-You can now move the camera up and down with page up and page down
-Made the 'you' arrow larger, to see it better

http://www.nuloen.com/wk.html
Have fun!

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#8]
I agree, you should gett this game noticed by more ppl :) Round here isn't exactly the best place.

gosse(Posted 2003) [#9]
Well, I do think that those places are the best places to post it; since the game is still in Beta stages. When the game is completely finished, I will post it to various freeware sites and games sites. But for now, it will remain in the Blitz community.