BIOSHIPS OF WAR DEMO

Community Forums/Showcase/BIOSHIPS OF WAR DEMO

M2PLAY(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi, The "Bioships of war" demo is uploaded. ENJOY!!!
www.m2play.com
"Download" section.

NTense(Posted 2003) [#2]
82 MB!!! Wow.. Downloading now.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#3]
82MB!!! WOW!!! my lil 56K screamer will get hurt if i impose such a load on her...

my guess is 6.5 hours at 56k (44kbs connect)...

--Mike

DH(Posted 2003) [#4]
M2PLAY please take this as constructive....

Pros:
Nice terrain (for the most part).
very wide open feel.
Ship model was decent looking.
Multiplayer support makes the game more then what it is in single player.
Overall control was good

Cons:
The game wasn't really that enjoyable to play. For being a demo (with advertisments on purchasing the actual game) I found little that kept me playing longer then 4 or 5 min. The majority of the time, of the 5 min that is, was trying to figure out what I was supposed to do.

When you first start the game, your camera is all wacky, and you arent sure if its a glitch, or an intended effect. After pushing forward (as a trial on the glitch theory) I found myself moving forward where i could then make a distinction between ground and sky.

The overal play lacked when it came to just blasting away at these pods hovering above the ground. Felt like a 3d centipede.

Conclusion:
Hate to say it bud, although I give tons of credit on demos (specially from small teams of developers consisting of 1-4 people), because just getting to "Demo" is usually a challenge in itself. Other then that, it was very un-interesting to play. Some improvements could be to add some sort of intro clip (which would give the user a feeling of teh game before he/she starts to play it). For example, most games have clips of in-game play running as intro, this way you know (or at least have the implication) of what your supposed to do. Also, the addition of a few other enemies would be good (other then the same hovering pod all over the place).

Dont get me wrong, I give you tons of credit for a complete demo, however I am merely giving you feedback on what to expect from others (posibly) for part of the development process.

M2PLAY(Posted 2003) [#5]
UFFF ;-) thank Dark Half for you opinion.
Thank.
The game is very easy to play, kill all fighters :-)