BlitzLockIT Update, No2.

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzLockIT Update, No2.

Kev(Posted 2003) [#1]
hi

this is just a test update version, for feedback.

avaiable from link in my sig.

Self Modify Code is in, it as of yet does not compare serial numbers. also ive added some nice little tricks to the .dll for Fooling disassemblers, and fake jumps.

next version i will be changing the validation system to validate more than the exe, to enable better secure checks between any other files in your projects, its allmost in this version but it still needs some tweaks.

how ive had some ideas on some of the tools that cracker use have entrys in the registory, now if i change the first 2 bytes of a .EXE file to 0xCD 0x20 then the exe will run but because ive wrote to the first two bytes , 0xCD 0x20 are codes for terminating the execution of a program can i project my software by disabling software that can be used make program un-protected.

would it be legal to do this.

thanks
kev

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#2]
would it be legal to do this.
Legal? Maybe, depends on which country you live in. However, be advised that doing so may potentially get BlitzLockIT (and programs that use it) flaged as trojans or virii. As a general rule of thumb, you should not put destructive code in your software. Ever.

Oh and by the way, you can't disable someone elses software until he's used your program. Once he finds out what it does to his tools, he'll undo it, and crack your software anyway. And besides many of the tools "crackers" use are legit, valid debugging programs. Disabling them could get you in serious trouble! If someone at nVidia wants to play a Blitz game and you disable his debugging software, you might get a hefty lawsuit comming your way.

Kev(Posted 2003) [#3]
cheers for making that clear

kev

starfox(Posted 2003) [#4]
but why would someone be using a debugging software to play a game.

Warren(Posted 2003) [#5]
Doesn't really matter. You don't have the right to randomly start destroying software on the users hard drive.

Kev(Posted 2003) [#6]
yes, its just not gona happen, although it would be nice. but like flameduck said 'If someone at nVidia wants to play a Blitz game and you disable his debugging software' here is where the problems start.

kev

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#7]
but why would someone be using a debugging software to play a game.
Perhaps you forgot to shut it off? Perhaps you don't want to? Perhaps you just wanted a quick game of <insert favorite blitz game here> while you're compiling the nVidia Kernel drivers for the 100th time, and it's only just started it's 20 minute compile process... There could quite litterally be hundreds of perfectly valid legal reasons for running debugging software.