Century (other character)!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Century (other character)!!

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi all, i put 2 renders of the new character of the poject (wire too).

Now i will make the level editor and some objects for it.
By the moment i will not make more characters, i have enought for testing. Then i will continue modeling more characters

[img "http://www.eniac.es/usuarios/asier/draven/cen/g2.jpg"]

[img "http://www.eniac.es/usuarios/asier/draven/cen/g1.jpg"]

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#2]
Okay, it's nice, but 2500 polys seems a hell of a lot. It kinda looks like you've got a 200 polys for the whole body then 2300 for the head. That said, great texture, just maybe a bit heavy on the polys or indeed maybe you should have more detail on the body and not so much on the head... anyway... what do I know!?

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#3]
One thing I like about these "Century" characters is that you've managed to create a dark and brooding look, without necessarily using dark colours. I think that's rather clever actually.

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#4]
(Whoops -Ed)

MikeHart(Posted 2003) [#5]
Great work, really. The legs are a little to blocky. But the texture is great. I like it.

Michael

poopla(Posted 2003) [#6]
I think his shins are way too short, the knee needs to be a bit higher on the leg? Just my $.02. Looks nice other then that.

NTense(Posted 2003) [#7]
Texturing is great!!! As far as the poly count, there are a tremendous number of games today pushing 3-4,000 poly count characters. Depending on the requirements of the game, I think this is totally acceptable. I'm working on one right now where the average count is 1,800 with over 32 characters on the board at a given time.. Blitz handles it well. Got to be more careful about the surface count.

mearrin69(Posted 2003) [#8]
It's beautiful...and I think it's great that you put those extra polys where you needed them. The body hardly misses them but the hands and face really show off the work you put into it.

You have bones in each of the fingers? How detailed is the skeleton on the model? With a look like that you've got to put some hard work into the animations :) It's going to look great.
M

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#9]
Thanks all for yours opinions. its very useful for me.

Mearrin69: Yes, i have bones in all fingers. The skeleton is the basic of character studio but with 5 fingers.

About the legs, yes, i must make some changes in them.

thanks again.

Zo Zo Zee Zar(Posted 2003) [#10]
I think it's awesome.