BlitzLockIT Update.

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzLockIT Update.

Kev(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi

Ive spent much time on the .dll that makes up the core of BlitzLockIT some of the new features that have been added are:

SetTimeTrials
GetTimeTrials
DeleteTimeTrial
DemoTrialsOver
CreateCRC32Table
EXEValidate
ExeStamp

TimeTrials:

eg:
number of trys before the program no longer runs.
setting trail date period.

TimeTrials can aslo be used to store other information in the registry.

currently theres no encryption used to store trials.

[EXE validation system information]

this can be of benifit to prevent people from altering copyright notices, copy protection schemes and other information stored in your program's .EXE file.

currently only CRC32 algorithm is available to use in BlitzLockIT.

latest download available here

any feedback welcome

kev

GfK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Kev - that's pretty good. I like.

On a little side-note, any chance of you releasing a registry DLL/Userlib?

Also, are you going to release BlitzLockIT when its completely finished or is this just for your own use?

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#3]
I might I ya'll ask nicely.... (registry userlib....)

Kev(Posted 2003) [#4]
i will release BlitzLockIT when its at a stage that i consider more secure, im looking into self modifying code to be used for when checking the serial number is correct, ive also got to throw in fake conditional jumps :) that will mess any cracker about.

ok, i will pull out some of the registry command and put them into a .dll thats not a problem. i will do this some time today.

kev

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#5]
This sounds pretty useful. Writing my own copy protection schemes is a hassle. Assuming it works well I'll be using this a lot once you release it.

Kev(Posted 2003) [#6]
jhocking, there's other security methods that i will be adding to BlitzLockIT, cd-rom copy protection, is allmost in, ive not add time to finish it yet. theres also more protection needing to be added when i have the time.

kev

Kev(Posted 2003) [#7]
no need to start a new thread, but for thoses intrested ive got self modifying code working.

at the moment it just take 2 values and adds them together and return the result of them added.

now its back to the disassembler to buld a check for correct serials.

kev

FlameDuck(Posted 2003) [#8]
currently only CRC32 algorithm is available to use in BlitzLockIT.
You know CRC32 has a serious vulnurability with regards to systematic changes in a file, right? I suggest using MD5 instead. So far there's only been one verified collision reported.

Oh and "Another version"?!? I still haven't had time to examine the previous version! :o> You're working way too fast for me sporto! :o>

Kev(Posted 2003) [#9]
Mikkel, CRC32 is stamped to the .exe file, where as the self modify code is used in the .dll

im also looking into validation of the .dll as well

heres what algorithms im planing to add.
MD4 hash algorithm
MD5 hash algorithm
TIGER hash algorithm

i will add more when i progress more.

kev