Anyone need incidental music?

Community Forums/Showcase/Anyone need incidental music?

MuffinRemnant(Posted 2003) [#1]
If so drop me an email. Not got bags of time but may be able to help (for free) with short loops etc for the musically challenged.

MuffinRemnant(Posted 2003) [#2]
Forgot to say, you can get some examples here...

http://www.artefact-rescue.co.uk/music/

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks for the offer and the examples, MR! There are many model and texture sources out there, but not too much music that's allowed for use in games. I might take you up on your composing offer :). For now, some of your samples can serve as placeholders to set the mood (they're good lengths).

MuffinRemnant(Posted 2003) [#4]
No problem - what're you working on?

semar(Posted 2003) [#5]
@MuffinRemnant,
may I ask you which musical instruments do you use ?

Nice music BTW.

Sergio.

WendellM(Posted 2003) [#6]
what're you working on?

Science fiction games. The first is essentially a card game, so not much music is needed, just an intro and three different endings (good guys win, bad guys win, and draw). I hadn't even thought of using music for it until I read your post. So now I plan to convert four of your examples to ogg vorbis format (and maybe trim one a bit at the start) just to see how the game would be with music. If they do remain as the actual game music you'll be credited, of course (and would normally get a free copy of the game, but in this case it'll be free to everyone).

The other, more substantial, games in the works are planned to have music, but they aren't far along enough yet. Again, it'll probably be brief intro and ending pieces. These games will be for download, so full-length, sweeping scores would be too big.

Our team's graphic artist knows someone who might be interested in doing some themes, and I've even thought about noodling around with Acid Music to create a piece or two. But, we could doubtless benefit from your talents as well.

MuffinRemnant(Posted 2003) [#7]
Semar: It's all done with PC based synthesizers/sequencers - there are no 'real' instruments (although I do play a few).

WendellM: Sci-fi, nice! I really don't have the time for full blown compositions (much as I'd like to) but could probably help with short pieces if required. I wouldn't bother with Acid - IMHO it's a toy not capable of much other than very formulaic music. But you might think otherwise :)

BTW I've added a few more tracks and loads more to follow.