Cd title sketch[Epicenter:Iraq's Attack]

Community Forums/Showcase/Cd title sketch[Epicenter:Iraq's Attack]

@rtur(Posted 2003) [#1]
http://blitzgames.vov.ru/cgi-bin/voodoo/YaBB.cgi?board=screen;action=display;num=1057156555

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#2]
Will we be able to blow the heads off Iraqi children with shrapnel, like in the original?

Oh wait, this is Iraq attacking Manhattan...a country which did not raise a single plane against us?

DH(Posted 2003) [#3]
Will we be able to blow the heads off Iraqi children with shrapnel, like in the original?

Oh wait, this is Iraq attacking Manhattan...a country which did not raise a single plane against us?

I have to agree, the title (and overall concept for the game) is a bit: A. Far fetched and B. Completely immoral!

I havn't seen any Sept 11th game out yet, guess there is probably a good reason for it. To poke fun and games at things like crime, drugs, and sex is fine.. Those who detest to the game can simply ignore it, however your attempting to comercialize on a national crisis.. I dont doubt you might have an assasination attempt or two on your life if you so choose to go through with the design of said game..

Just a few thoughts.

simonh(Posted 2003) [#4]
Oh dear...here we go again...

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#5]
How about one in which you attempt to blow up as many people as possible? Call it "Suicide Bomber" or "Jammin' Jihad".

Ken Lynch(Posted 2003) [#6]
It's a real shame that the author of this game insists on using this rediculous and inflamatory scenario - it may be a good game otherwise. This game's title got peoples backs up when it was advertised on Blitz's front page but now this artwork is just sick. @rtur, just admit it's a bad title, bad scenario and change it.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2003) [#7]
Preferably, to "Jammin' Jihad"

Sledge(Posted 2003) [#8]

this artwork is just sick

What artwork?

Doiron(Posted 2003) [#9]
I suppose it's about marketing after all.
I mean, the title alone caused a gigantic topic about a game which still in development, and here we go again. Free advertising almost everywhere (negative of positive that is, it still sells), even if only by word-of-mouth.

Carmageddon was shown in almost every important news program, and the game itself was unplayable and overall worse than other racing games of that time (even worse than some older 'violent' but overall fun games of the same genre such as Quarantine 1&2). And it 'just' involved cars and pedestrians to be knocked down: war always was an incredibly bigger market (hell, a small part of the taxes which americans are paying are involved in the development of games sponsored by the ministry of defense, and the concept of economy and peace themselves in every 'advanced country' is based on maintaining low-life profiles on smaller countries).